Now I've done it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mischief

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mischief Maker
Vessel Make
Uniflite CC 37
We just put a down on a Uniflite 37 Coastal Cruiser. Twin Lehmans. finally came to the dark side after 40 years of sailing.
Harold and Jessie

Welcome Harold and Jessie to TF. Coming over to the dark side is what "intelligent sailors" do.

Just think how nice it's going to be next winter when you're headed out of the Ballard Locks and you get past Shilshole Bay and you realize that you're WARM because you're on your trawler, not on your sailboat.

Ain't the dark side going to be confortable!

Welcome! Have to agree with GFC as I was in a T Shirt last weekend headed to Bainbridge. Winter cruising is amazing.

I really like the layout of that boat. Does it have the Uniflite blistering problem?

We just put a down on a Uniflite 37 Coastal Cruiser. Twin Lehmans. finally came to the dark side after 40 years of sailing.
Harold and Jessie

Congratulations. I hope the purchase goes smoothly. I moved from sailing almost two years ago. You will survive.

They say no, it was built after they quit using the brand of fire retardant that was the cause. She will be surveyed on the 2nd of Feb.
Harold

That is good news. Uniflite built a lot of boats for the Vietnam war and they were speced with the fire retardant resins. The Navy didn’t care if they blistered, but recreational boaters do. I looked at a 42’ that was a beautiful boat except that it had blisters from the waterline up into the flybridge. I wouldn’t have been able to look at it every day even though the blisters weren’t structural. Good luck with your new boat!

Congratulations! I can't wait to see it.

You got a good one with the FL 120's. We had a friend in the PNW who had one with twin gas Crusaders. He loved it but always wanted diesels. He cruised at 9 knots comfortably. He didn't have any blister issues.

As fellow sailors who have gone to the dark side, welcome aboard! We still have a Catalina 25 to keep from going total Darth Vader...

They say no, it was built after they quit using the brand of fire retardant that was the cause. She will be surveyed on the 2nd of Feb.
Harold

Hi Harold, had sent a reply to your earlier thread on new to Seattle and now found you have had success.

The 37 CC lines and layout fit well in my plans also in making the mental adjustment over to power.
I am really interested in how your survey went and if purchased you now have a few NM cruzin and gunkholin with Mischief.

Care to share your insights and thoughts now?

BB

Welcome to the Forum, and Welcome to the Dark Side.

You will LOVE those Lehmans

pete

Uniflite 37

Hi Harold, had sent a reply to your earlier thread on new to Seattle and now found you have had success.

The 37 CC lines and layout fit well in my plans also in making the mental adjustment over to power.
I am really interested in how your survey went and if purchased you now have a few NM cruzin and gunkholin with Mischief.

Care to share your insights and thoughts now?

BB
We have had 2 great cruising seasons with her, Hoping for many more. we find her very comfortable and seaworthy. she averages about 3 gph, combined, running about 1900 rpm. the survey went well, we had Mischief Maker trucked to Olympia from Portland. she fits us well. we just had the bottom painted, Zincs, etc, hull looks great. installed an external thruster while hauled. the only challenge has been getting into some slips on windy days, as the bow wants to blow off. Hence the thruster. we get a lot of nice feedback from other boaters on her lines. Only drawback is since I do my own mechanical, the engine access to the outside of the engines is restricted.
I talked to the previous owners, they want her back if we sell her. That will be quite a ways down the road, I hope.

Welcome! I moved from sailing almost 2 years ago as well, and have not regretted a single thing in the change. I am in the Seattle area too, and prefer being warm, comfortable, and having a better time than I did on a sailboat. I also seem to use the boat a lot more given that I am more comfortable, which is an added plus!

Two year plus thread. I too was a sailboater/owner. I was out on my and friends sailboats frequently in the off season. I don't miss sitting out in the rain. I don't miss moving around in wet gear And I don't miss taking a long time to get somewhere.

We have had 2 great cruising seasons with her, Hoping for many more. we find her very comfortable and seaworthy. she averages about 3 gph, combined, running about 1900 rpm. the survey went well, we had Mischief Maker trucked to Olympia from Portland. she fits us well. we just had the bottom painted, Zincs, etc, hull looks great. installed an external thruster while hauled. the only challenge has been getting into some slips on windy days, as the bow wants to blow off. Hence the thruster. we get a lot of nice feedback from other boaters on her lines. Only drawback is since I do my own mechanical, the engine access to the outside of the engines is restricted.
I talked to the previous owners, they want her back if we sell her. That will be quite a ways down the road, I hope.

Any pictures of the boat? Fellow Uniflite owner (42DC), curious about the 37.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom