Beneteau Swift Trawler 50 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For my two cents worth, I have a Beneteau ST 34 and I love it. Such a great boat to run and to stay on. I stay 5 months in the winter on it in Ft. Myers. Sunset Grille is the name on her. I spent 3 days helping out with the boat show, my job, helping with a ST30, ST44, and ST50 for Viage Group in Sarasota (wonderful people, I have really been well supported by them; they let me help because it was on my bucket list to work with boats at a boat show). The ST50 is like a house on the water. While the waterline doesn't reflect a 50' boat the beam and height of the boat make it a huge boat inside. I wish I had one!!

For my two cents worth, I have a Beneteau ST 34 and I love it. Such a great boat to run and to stay on. I stay 5 months in the winter on it in Ft. Myers. Sunset Grille is the name on her. I spent 3 days helping out with the boat show, my job, helping with a ST30, ST44, and ST50 for Viage Group in Sarasota (wonderful people, I have really been well supported by them; they let me help because it was on my bucket list to work with boats at a boat show). The ST50 is like a house on the water. While the waterline doesn't reflect a 50' boat the beam and height of the boat make it a huge boat inside. I wish I had one!!

It's not the waterline that doesn't reflect a 50' boat, it's the hull length. The hull length is 43' 9".

Now, one thing I'll say is that most people buying ST's seem to have made very good choices for themselves and are extremely pleased in how the boats meet their needs. I think Beneteau saw a definite void in the market in the size and type boat they're building and they created a nice boat to fill it. I am thrilled also they built a 30' as we see the demand for that length here. I expect them to expand larger than 50' but hope it doesn't impact their efforts on smaller boats.

Absolutely. I was very impressed with the 30, particularly the size of the shower and the salon. Amazing for that size boat. And it really scoots, 23 or 24 kts. My 34 max speed is 21 kts and I run to Key West from Ft. Myers at 18 kts. I have 400 hours on mine and I really love the speed. 90% of my running is at 6 kts at 3.8 lph (I actually set my speed for the fuel consumption, 3.8 lph, or 1 gph, and I go about 7 miles on that per hour, which is very economical for a boat this comfortable. I have videos of her at full speed, and slow speed, and in 6-9' seas (that we got caught in between the Tortugas and Key West in the Florida Straits, a really wrong weather report led us to that with 31 kt winds, was supposed to be 12 kt winds). But as you would expect, no problems and not a drop of water in the bilge! Beneteau is a Lot of value for the money. Great instrumentation both below and on the bridge too!

CONGRATS on the New Swift 50

Hi everyone!!! i just bought a Beneteau swift trawler 50 and i would like to have your comments on this boat. The delivery is in may.

Congrats on your great new toy !!!!! I go back to college when my dad had a Hatteras 43 and our friends had a Burger 76. They traveled the Panama Canal to Costa Rica and then on up to So Cal. Good times!

I've been lucky to know the guys at South Coast Yachts. I've settled on a 50 myself after a lot of research. I've been on a number of Beneteaus' over the last several years - seen the quality, the lack of it, how the product ages, met lots of owners, competitors etc.

I have a background in the RV industry. They say if you can't use a screw driver - you have no business owning an RV. The systems in a boat are very similar as are the shared components in many cases. I don't care if you have a SeaRay, Azimut,
Cruisers etc. Things break on all boats. Expect it. What does matter is the main structure - without it you have nothing.

I discovered Beneteau products to have exceptional QC, production techniques and CONSISTENCY from boat to boat. That's a lot. What makes me feel better and willing to drop a mil+ is the dealer network and the culture of family. I don't think you'll ever feel on your own when it comes to support.

Lastly - here's a link to a wonderful article I think you will really enjoy. Great delivery article. And I've met the guy who captain'd this. He's beyond competent - totally wonderful and crazy guy. I'd hire him any time.

Captain’s Review – Beneteau Swift Trawler 44 - South Coast Yachts
San Diego Captains

Congrats again,
Mark

People! the original poster who created this thread hasn't been on it since 10-30-2013, 10:47 AM............I mean we don't know if he ever got the boat or what but he dropped out a long time ago.

People! the original poster who created this thread hasn't been on it since 10-30-2013, 10:47 AM............I mean we don't know if he ever got the boat or what but he dropped out a long time ago.

Still, interesting thread. Thanks for reviving it!

Congratulations on your purchase. Great boat. We bought a second hand ST 52. Understood from the previous owner that the 52 was not profitable enough for Beneteau. That's why they changed their policy. We also looked for the ST 50 which has definately some very nice features.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom