• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Sold-Westerbeke rebuilt 8BTD generator end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Wire

Guru
Vessel Name
Irish Lady
Vessel Make
Monk 36
My old WB 8BTD gen set (1987) is being replaced this week.
The generator end was just rebuilt prior to my purchase of the vessel in 2014 (about 200 hours runtime).
The engine is DEAD with low compression in all cylinders and is heading for the scrap yard.
The yard is going to pull the whole gen set and put it on a pallet for a short time.
If interested let me know fast.
$1000. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY from Pine Island, FL. NOT SHIPPING!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Where were you 2.5 months ago!!!!!! :)

Didn't really think that far ahead! ;)

good luck with the project!

I forget, did you post what you are replacing it with?

Last edited:
I think I have a 1987 WB 8kw genny in my boat...

Not that I need a new one, but I like spares :)

How long would you be willing to hold it for? I'm planning to get my my scuba cert in March down in Florida...

I think I have a 1987 WB 8kw genny in my boat...

Not that I need a new one, but I like spares :)

How long would you be willing to hold it for? I'm planning to get my my scuba cert in March down in Florida...
About a week, 2 at most...
BTW, everything kind of worked but would not fire off due to 270# compression. Last oil analysis was high in aluminum, iron, chrome and sodium.
Around 2200 hours on the meter.

Last edited:
I talked with the yard today. They would store for up to 3 weeks, around end of January.
I also removed the remote gauge panel and electrical harness intact to go with sale.

To new owner, do a search on here for my list of work arounds for Mitsubishi parts and save 2/3 to 3/4.

The old gen is out. The WB remote gauge panel will be reused for the new gauges due to the difference in panel size. If no interest in the whole set, I will start parting it out. Send me a PM.
Some stuff that I will sell separately:

Generator end complete with armature
Starter
Heat exchanger
Fuel injection pump
sea water pump
coolant circ pump
fuel injectors 3
FI lines
Preheat relay
Exhaust manifold
Coolant recovery tank
Oil pressure sender
Oil pressure switch
Coolant temperature sender
Coolant temperature switch
Exhaust temp switch
Fuel lift pump
remote gauge panel wire harness

Last edited:
I wish I saw this last week! I'm in Florida and just had to put a backend on my 8.0BTD Wednesday.

$2600 from Broward. I had a local mechanic install it for me and I'm waiting on that bill. It took him and another guy almost 5 hours to remove and replace and he does it for a living. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me.

$2600 from Broward. I had a local mechanic install it for me and I'm waiting on that bill. It took him and another guy almost 5 hours to remove and replace and he does it for a living. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me.

Took me probably 8 hrs due to rusty bolts and worst was one isolation mount.

With shipping from Jersey to Broward and return to Wilmington, NC the whole thing cost $2500.

Took another day to fix the mounting area, but only a couole hours to fit together and crank her up.

Working great for the last 2 months and 60+ hours.

Here is the kicker - when we put it all together it wouldn't produce power. The new unit had a bad bridge rectifier.

I would have pulled my hair out if I was the one doing it.

Here is the kicker - when we put it all together it wouldn't produce power. The new unit had a bad bridge rectifier.

I would have pulled my hair out if I was the one doing it.

You have to wonder if that unit was sent for rebuild BECAUSE of the bad rectifier.:nonono:

troubleshooting these gensets with the right manual is pretty easy with 2 people thst understand a multimeter.

my son and I did mine one evening and deduced a bad exciter coil.

upon pulling the gen end off, looked like a muddy road in there instead of windings.....poor maintenance by the PO and it was next summers project for me...but it came early, 4 days prior to a 7 month cruise.... ouch.

hope someone snaps it up as they are pretty good gensets in comparison.

I put some prices on these parts:
Prices based on local pickup in Englewood, FL.

Starter 34552 ($50)
Heat exchanger 35135 ($150)
Fuel injection pump 30549 ($150)
Sea water pump 33636 ($50)
Coolant circ pump 30591 ($75)
Fuel injectors 30538 ($50 ea.)
FI lines set of 3 ($40)
Preheat relay 24639 ($10)
Exhaust manifold/header tank 33952 ($100)
Coolant recovery tank 24704 ($10)
Oil pressure sender 24132 ($10)
Oil pressure switch 33348 ($10)
Coolant temperature sender 35105 ($10)
Coolant temperature switch 30096 ($10)
Exhaust temp switch 32923 ($10)
Fuel lift pump 24831 ($10)
Remote gauge panel wire harness ($10)

If compression is low, it could be rusty valves or stuck rings. Not a difficult repair for either. There is a good argument to fix it and sell as a running unit. With new elec end, probably would fetch like $3k on the open market.

If compression is low, it could be rusty valves or stuck rings. Not a difficult repair for either. There is a good argument to fix it and sell as a running unit. With new elec end, probably would fetch like $3k on the open market.
An opportunity for someone for sure for the next few days. Its going bye-bye one way or the other.

Last edited:
Ski, buy it for $1000 and pick it up...hang out with me in FL for as long as you want, I will pick it up on the way back north for $2000 after a total engine rebuild...plus parts if necessary to keep up and I will pick it up in Wilmington on my way North.

How could I possibly help you and Archie more and be less self serving.... :)

I put some prices on these parts:
Prices based on local pickup in Englewood, FL.

Starter 34552 ($50)
Heat exchanger 35135 ($150)
Fuel injection pump 30549 ($150)
Sea water pump 33636 ($50)
Coolant circ pump 30591 ($75)
Fuel injectors 30538 ($50 ea.)
FI lines set of 3 ($40)
Preheat relay 24639 ($10)
Exhaust manifold/header tank 33952 ($100)
Coolant recovery tank 24704 ($10)
Oil pressure sender 24132 ($10)
Oil pressure switch 33348 ($10)
Coolant temperature sender 35105 ($10)
Coolant temperature switch 30096 ($10)
Exhaust temp switch 32923 ($10)
Fuel lift pump 24831 ($10)
Remote gauge panel wire harness ($10)

I would be interested in the intake silencer and the adapter it bolts to if it’s in good condition. Let me know price and shipping to 66052.

I started parting it out today.

I have more parts:
Valve cover
Cylinder head (having trouble getting the exhaust manifold off)
Valve rocker assembly
Flywheel
Mounts/skid

Archie...sea water pump still available?

need it in Marathon, FL asap if it didnt leak.

A couple more parts:

Oil pan
Remote gauge panel with oil press, coolant temp, voltmeter, hour meter
Water lift muffler. Inlet and outlet come straight out the top, approx 6 inch diameter.

I would be instrested in remote panel , lift pump and injector pump with lines I did not see heat exchanger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom