View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #26
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
I am decidedly not a fan of the previous owner of AC and am decidedly a fan of the product. Use it only as a stand alone product as I never considered it a navigation system. No interest in eboatcards or any social aspect of it. The one thing it exceeds all other resources in was the completeness of the listings of marinas. It is also helpful in other information such as shoals, inlets, bridges, etc. whether original information or copied from elsewhere. For us, it hasn't yet lost it's usefulness but that's only because we can still access the flash version. Seems that the conversion/transition was started and then stopped dead in it's tracks. Don't know the reason. At this very moment, I can't get it to come up in the flash version however. Yesterday it worked fine. It seems to me the updates from users, the reviews, etc. have come to a virtual stand still since the ownership change. If so, it's value will gradually diminish rather than increase as it should.

My original fear was that it was too small and insignificant to Garmin and would get ignored and treated like an ugly stepchild, not like a favored new offering. It's not uncommon for a company the size of Garmin to buy this and that and this along the way and just not spend the time or effort to maximize most.

I think it says a lot that even such as it was, customer support was eliminated at the time of the purchase and people told to go to facebook, where it's also not available.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote