TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by Moonstruck
...So, here's the deal.

February 20 arrival day
February 21 thru 23 TF Gathering
February 24 Saturday is designated as recovery day and Farmers Market.

Yeah here are the dates.

Yeah here are the dates.

Thanks amigo!!! I bid for my schedule starting tomorrow. We came Friday-Sunday last year and it was a bit too quick. So we are gonna try to arrive Thursday if my schedule permits!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it went by quick last year. We should be arriving Wednesday, perhaps Tuesday and looking forward to another great outing.

Wendy is far too good for Baker! Poor girl must have poor vision. LMAO

I do believe technically, she is legally blind!!!...hahaha!!!

Are you taking orders? I'm flying in, too. If you come across a couple cases of good IPA on your way...

I would but you can’t expect me to carry a couple of cases for that long and not drink my favorite beverage of choice? They’d be empty cases for sure.

Jack (Steve?) is driving down maybe he can carry a couple for you. That’s problay a pretty safe bet since he drinks Bud. :lol:

We’ll talk before you show up. You won’t go without.

Ok this is sounding like entirely too much fun:socool: As posted earlier I have a family ski trip planned for those dates:facepalm: But with the dearth of snow out west (Aspen/Snowmass in particular) there may not be much shusshing down the slopes:banghead:. Not sure if I can talk 12 family members into a trawler gathering :whistling::whistling:

I do believe technically, she is legally blind!!!...hahaha!!!

Her mother says it's worse than you think, blind in one eye and blond in the other. :rofl:

Ted

Are you taking orders? I'm flying in, too. If you come across a couple cases of good IPA on your way...

If you tell which you prefer, I can make sure to have an ample supply available with at least 6 ready for immediate consumption. They'll be safe with me, as I'm a stout or porter drinker.

Ted

We have, in Fort Pierce, right downtown, one of the closest businesses to the City Marina, Sail Fish (not so micro) Brewery. Excellent IPA, Pilsners, Stouts and on and on and on. You will most all like it there. They also serve wine.

If you tell which you prefer, I can make sure to have an ample supply available with at least 6 ready for immediate consumption. They'll be safe with me, as I'm a stout or porter drinker.

Ted
Sounds like fun .
Ted I think you like your red wine also, if the restaurant served it cold , remember? I wish we could make it to the gathering.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun .
Ted I think you like your red wine also, if the restaurant served it cold , remember? I wish we could make it to the gathering.
Yes, fond memories! Personally, I think you need to call in sick Thursday and Friday, then drive home Sunday. Tell them you're interviewing a new pellet customer. They burn a lot of wood pellets in Ft Pierce. :rolleyes:

Ted

Great idea, I’ll call in sick too. :dance:

I would but you can’t expect me to carry a couple of cases for that long and not drink my favorite beverage of choice? They’d be empty cases for sure.

Jack (Steve?) is driving down maybe he can carry a couple for you. That’s problay a pretty safe bet since he drinks Bud. :lol:

We’ll talk before you show up. You won’t go without.

Ted

You guys are the best! Of course, I was just kidding. I'll have a rental car driving from Orlando! :facepalm: I'm sure there will be plenty of sources for IPAs along the way. I always like to sample the local brews if anyone has any suggestions for FL IPAs.

I promise to come well-armed for battle...plus a jug ice tea to pace myself.

Long Island Iced tea:

• 1 fluid ounce vodka
  • 1 fluid ounce gold tequila
  • 1 fluid ounce rum
  • 1 fluid ounce gin

• 1 fluid ounce Cointreau or triple sec
  • 5 fluid ounces sweet and sour mix
  • 2 fluid ounces cola

• 1 lime wedge
Just sayin'...

Sounds great if I was a drinker. :)

Scott, I'm putting you and Marjory down as positive.

Don, when it was just the dirty dozen the first year.....

I thought OK. But now its grown to the full cast of Inglorious Bastards and then some, let alone The Pacific Coast Crowd. WOW..... all hands on deck!

If I see ANY drones.....where I think the USCG, FBI, IRS, ATF, ICE, NJ STATE POLICE, FL DNR, NMFS, or any other misc agencies might spot me.....hmmmmm

Scott

It will be ICE looking for you, CG finished with you a long time ago. :)

I’m disappointed to let you know that Jackie and I need to be in CT on the 17th. Likely we won’t be there unless we hightail it back immediately after our commitment. I’m working on that and hope I can accomplish it without incurring the wrath of....

Personally I hope you can make it, I would like to put a face to your excellent posts. Best of luck for your return to the warm south.

Don, when it was just the dirty dozen the first year.....

I thought OK. But now its grown to the full cast of Inglorious Bastards and then some, let alone The Pacific Coast Crowd. WOW..... all hands on deck!

If I see ANY drones.....where I think the USCG, FBI, IRS, ATF, ICE, NJ STATE POLICE, FL DNR, NMFS, or any other misc agencies might spot me.....hmmmmm

Don't worry. Marjory will protect you. :D

Last edited:
Personally I hope you can make it, I would like to put a face to your excellent posts. Best of luck for your return to the warm south.

I think Howard was there last year...was he not?

I think Howard was there last year...was he not?

Yep, Howard did a hit and run on Larry's liquor locker. He is known as the barefoot bandit.

I’m disappointed to let you know that Jackie and I need to be in CT on the 17th. Likely we won’t be there unless we hightail it back immediately after our commitment. I’m working on that and hope I can accomplish it without incurring the wrath of....
Howard, clearly you have your priorities confused.

Ted

Right on Ted. What Comes first doing what the wife wants or bonding with your boating bros? Bros before all! :)

BTW. I checked my reservations and found they had the wrong dates. I sent the marina an email with my original request and asked them to change it. Done, so you’ll all get fed and plied with booze. [emoji16]

I think some are looking forward to a good time this year. :whistling:

That is a definite yes.

Ok, how many boats are coming? Maybe we can get a little dock space together so we aren’t upsetting any non TF type boaters although I don’t know how that would happen. :rolleyes:

If boats with reservations send me their names and boat names, length of stay via a pm so we can get a boat count, I’ll try to get with Dean, the Dock Master, to see if at least we can end up in the same end of the marina. It maybe worth a shot.

I am supposed to be there 21-23 (anchoered out either side)...but a biggie for some of us old turds (boats of course)....we may not pass the dock electric test (even though I just installed my own ELCI)....

:)

Back
Top Bottom