Anyone like to merge temps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Insequent

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Insequent
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
I noticed that NE USA and eastern Canada is a bit chilly at present. Hope you are managing OK and your boats make it through as well.

Sydney was, once upon a time a long time ago, not a bad place to visit although I never really fancied the SW suburban sprawl. Now there's proof its not a place worth visiting. Pic of 48°C (118°F) down there today.

Meanwhile, I am anchored out in Moreton Bay with an almost balmy 30°C ! While I go for a swim, can someone workout how to share/merge temps? Sydney will gladly give you half of theirs I'm sure, which would improve the NE part of Nth America quite nicely as well.

Attachments

• Temp 48.jpg
    Temp 48.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 76
Sorry. No merger with our temps. I'm in the Phoenix area and it's in the upper 70's with no wind, light clouds....darn near perfect.

We peaked just under 42C,about 8km NW of the city. Usually the difference between here and the outer west is more like 10 degrees C, but this heat is coming from the inland, and overpowering the cooling seabreeze. Very happy to do a balancing trade deal.
Fortunately it`s Sunday, electricity used midweek by what remains of our manufacturing industry is available for aircon. Meanwhile people are playing competition tennis for $ in midday sun,lots of overseas players here for the first Grand Slam of the year and the lead up competitions.

Lucky you, -29C today, was -42C yesterday and -40C the day before. Well in fact temperature s are almost the same but reversed, maybe an effect of being at opposite side of the earth :D.

L

the NE could definitely use a bit of that 48C. It was -23C (-10F) last night and heading all the way up to +17F today. Definitely too cold for pleasurable boating here.

Wifey B: It's been like super awful cold here. Only 58 degrees right now and only up to 69 today. Everyone wearing jackets. Tomorrow finally back up to 75. I can live with that. :rofl:

We have a frozen water line at the house. No flow. Hoping for a thaw later to see if the tube split?[emoji30][emoji24]

Hi,

Here, too, you get news of colds up to -50 ° C in some Canada. On the contrary, there is much warmer here, which is usually not snow or ice. Hope you will be there and the weather will be better

NBs

We have a frozen water line at the house. No flow. Hoping for a thaw later to see if the tube split��[emoji30][emoji24]

I'm sorry for your problem. The freezing of the pipe can prevent the drip of water from dropping a few drops per minute. For those with pipes frozen contact the plumber with a defrosting device. Here, general, i hope same US?

NBs

14F last night in SE North Carolina, been about the same for at least four nights. My salt water creek is froze with about 3/4" of soft ice. And that is about 80% of marine salinity. Got the boat heat on, both units set at 45F. Run the engine and genny each nite for about 20min to get some heat down there. I think a pocket of water froze in the shower and popped a valve, but no big deal to fix.

The house was not designed for 14F and some plumbing is at risk. So far I seem to have done the right things and no problems with frozen pipes so far.

I used to joke with the GF that I got a good job offer up in North Dakota and she needs to pack some warm clothes. I don't make that joke anymore. I don't like cold anymore. Call me a wimp, whatever.

My purpose in life from here out is to seek 80F. Travel as needed.

Wifey B: It's been like super awful cold here. Only 58 degrees right now and only up to 69 today. Everyone wearing jackets. Tomorrow finally back up to 75. I can live with that. :rofl:

I have to admit that a little change down here has been nice and of little consequence beyond slowing the drying time of some varnishing I have going on. It is a lot easier knowing that any "cold" will only last a couple of days though.

Merge temps? No thanks.

Perfectly happy tucked away at the end of the road in a small town perched on the edge of a temperate rainforest marine ecosystem Paradise with four distinct seasons fluctuating between -20C to 30C where we rarely share an anchorage with another boat :D

There you go, a happy guy! Who woulda thought?! If we could all be that way...

Paradise with four distinct seasons fluctuating between -20C to 30C where we rarely share an anchorage with another boat :D

Now, imagine that with the ability to jump overboard in 30+ C water and return with a lobster dinner!
Nope, not giving away those coordinates. :thumb:

No thanks.... Last night on the hook in San Pablo Bay sturgeon fishing. Temps low 45F- high 65F.

Now, imagine that with the ability to jump overboard in 30+ C water and return with a lobster dinner!
Nope, not giving away those coordinates. :thumb:

Well we can do that down here although that high a water temp gets a little old in the summer. Nice to have the water cool down a bit and be refreshing rather than a bath!

We have a frozen water line at the house. No flow. Hoping for a thaw later to see if the tube split?[emoji30][emoji24]
Yes, well, we had hot water from the cold tap yesterday.

Happy New Year! We got 12 inches of the white stuff in Boston last week. It's been dangerously cold for the last 12 days or so. CRAZY! Next week looks much warmer though...I'M SERIOUS!

Yes, well, we had hot water from the cold tap yesterday.

Hey Bruce,
I'm currently working about 300 km west of Alice Springs and we always have the same issue with the cold water lines getting too hot. The answer is simple.

Just shut off your hot water heater (if you have an indoor tank). Your hot water tank will cool, and then you just use the hot tap for cold water and the cold for hot.

Back
Top Bottom