How do you edit a post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimTid

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lucy
Vessel Make
2003 Rosborough RF246
When I post there is an edit icon on the bottom of the post
When I click on it I can modify the content of the recent post.
Apparently after a certain amount of time the edit icon is no longer available.
I would like to reorient the photos in a classified but I can't access them through the edit icon that has disappeared from the original post.

The fastest way to contact the site moderators about any post is to "report" the post via the red and white triangle with the <!> symbol. It sends emails instantly to the team. You can either request it's deletion so you can repost or perhaps a good-hearted mod will just fix it for you. If memory serves, they can't reopen it to editing, but I could be wrong. It has been a while since I was a mod.

I would strongly encourage our moderators to allow editing upon reasonable request. I understand the rationale for only 30 minutes of editing- it maintains the "purity" of our conversations. But there are sometimes good reasons to later edit and I think the moderators should allow it, if it is possible with this BBS SW.

David

If memory serves, it is an hour. Still, when the team created the rules back when the new owners took over, we discussed this topic at great length. This is pretty much SOP for all forums for the exact reason you spelled out. I do, however, see value in allowing it in the Classified section, but I don't think you can make that specification with the software. Either way, it is still very easy to request a mod make an edit or a delete for you, or at least make the call on its necessity. That is what they are there for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom