Head Problems ... HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tony B wrote:motion30 wrote:
.......*I put my nose right to the vent fitting and nothing.....
*But would you put your lips on it and blow through it?
no.gif

-- Edited by Tony B on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 10:48:30 PM

* Tony

* I would not** but If you like......
biggrin.gif

"Peter, your approach to boat washing reminds me of a 7 year old boy who sees no point to taking a bath 'cuz he'll just get dirty again."

C'mon Peggy, that's a bit over the top, you've ben sniffing your cleaning chemicals a bit much methinks.* Do you wash your car every time you go out in it?* I suspect not.* Does it suffer BO if you don't...?* Does your boat stay clean for long after you've washed it down - if you have one - your comments suggests not?* Well I'll bet the seagulls and sea swallows and other winged and feathered varmints in the US eat, sleep, and defaecate just like ours here is Oz do, and they love to nest on my boat, (sea swallows, that is), but I have a cunning plan, and I'm gradually winning.* Also, let's not forget the dust and salt spray which is always blowin' in the wind', so boats tend not to stay pristine for long.* Which is why I prefer to go down and clean it just before we go out.* Works for me.....and it never gets BO....

I'm sorry, Peter...I assumed that you have a sense of humor and would know that the grin emoticon attached to my comment conveyed that it just a humorous a poke. My mistake...I apologize.

HeadMistress wrote:
I'm sorry, Peter...I assumed that you have a sense of humor and would know that the grin emoticon attached to my comment conveyed that it just a humorous a poke. My mistake...I apologize.
*No apology needed Peggy.* I got it all right.* I just couldn't let the opportunity pass to rag a 'headmistress'.* I guess it's* 'cause my sense of humour must be a bit twisted.
confuse.gif

Marin, I can sympathise. We don't have a railwat yard, but sugar-cane farmers all round near here still like to burn off the tops before they harvest.* If the wind is in a bad direction...well, I'll leave it it to your imagination.* And yeah....where dose that dust inside come from...?

-- Edited by Peter B on Monday 10th of October 2011 07:16:45 AM

but sugar-cane farmers all round near here still like to burn off the tops before they harvest.

Same in Fl, simply open a can of paint or varnish , and watch the smoke rise in the fields.

FF wrote:Same in Fl, simply open a can of paint or varnish , and watch the smoke rise in the fields.
*This must have been one of the days you opened a can. Photograph taken just a few miles south of your location.

Attachments

• canefire.jpg
    canefire.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 67
The powers of a can of paint or varnish are simply amazing.* Around here, all you have to do is put down a perfect mirror smooth coating of paint or varnish, and wait about ten minutes.* The rain will start, and you end up with a nicely textured finish.* On close inspection, you will see it looks like the craters on the moon.* If you change your mind and decide to wait, you will have a perfectly dry day.** Go figure.................Arctic Traveller

Any opinions on the Headhunter brand? I've been boat*touring and these cropped up.

When I was working we used to make an sell lots of sugarcane harvesters to the farmers in Florida and Australia too.
Steve W

sunchaser wrote:
Any opinions on the Headhunter brand? I've been boat*touring and these cropped up.
*They're excellent high end systems, with a price tag to match the quality.* Headhunter brags on their website http://www.headhunterinc.com/index.html that they're "the only manufacturer to offer onboard installations and aftermarket support of our own products." Unfortunately they're the ONLY source of aftermarket support of their products....which is no problem if you own a megayacht 'cuz you can afford to bring one or more of their techs anywhere in the world to solve a problem. But a bit of drawback for the rest of us unless you happen to live in south FL.

When Headhunter was just getting started, their pres Mel Melinger brought one of their toilets to the Atlanta boat show...flushing pantyhose, pocket change, a Bic lighter and all kinds of things into a clear plastic tank to show how the toilet can handle anything.** He'd overlooked only one minor detail in coming to that show: Lake Lanier north of Atlanta is a NDZ...everyone was very impressed that all that junk could make it through his toilet, but how did Mel recommend getting it all out of the holding tank??? * Mel realized that inland lakes were NOT the right market for Headhunter toilets!

Back
Top Bottom