Car Attack in Melbourne Aust.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Not in the spirit of Christmas. An SUV driven by a 32yo.Afghan born refugee Australian drove at 80km/h+ through a busy central Melbourne city pedestrian crossing in peak hour,first pausing to let the crossing fill with people before accelerating to speed. http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...t/news-story/89f4b0171c6cca674b2a5e1117a6c612.
A number of the injured remain in hospital,some critical incl a young boy. No deaths so far. Drugs, mental illness,and perhaps other factors still under investigation, are said to be involved.
We give our thoughts to the injured, their relatives, and others disturbed by the event, especially those who saw it happen. I`m not sure the CCTV film shows up well, I have seen it, it is truly chilling.
Edit: My apologies, just fixed the link.

Last edited:
Sorry, not watching.

Prayers for the hurt and their families.

Mr. Saeed Noori,who we took in as a refugee and made an Australian citizen,is charged with 18 counts of attempted murder, one for each person he hit with his SUV. 8 remain in hospital, 2 critical including a child. A real worry after 5 days.
Noori is said to have mental illness,possibly diagnosed, possibly not,and may be withdrawing from drugs.
There are a number of people with mental and drug issues in the community, few park to await a well loaded pedestrian crossing to drive through at speed.
USA is wise to carefully screen potential refugees.

USA is wise to carefully screen potential refugees.
Yup. I don't recall the last time a Swiss terrorist did an attack on our soil. Or a Swede or Norwegian or Irishman or Dane or.....you get my drift.

Yup. I don't recall the last time a Swiss terrorist did an attack on our soil. Or a Swede or Norwegian or Irishman or Dane or.....you get my drift.
Indeed I do.There may be more information to come,there were reports of Mr Noori identifying mistreatment of Muslims as a cause of his conduct whilst he was in hospital recovering from his SUV hitting a bollard following hitting 18 pedestrians.
I thought Buddhists were entirely peaceful, now we have the events in Myanmar. To my mind excess world population leads to conflict as disparate groups compete for territory.

That’s sucks for sure, and living in the US I feel your pain. But of course, most Muslims are not violent terrorists. In the US it’s mostly home grown terrorists doing the damage. Most of them white “Christians”. Yet our president seems determined to paint all Muslims as bad people determined to blow us up.

Interesting times we live in. Too much hate for other cultures, religions, and just “different people” in general IMO. I don’t have the answers, but more travel to different countries and actually talking to other people and less time on the internet would probably help.

2018 should be interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom