Mystery Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John,
Have you contacted the agent/broker he may have more information.
Typical Tiwanese boat of the 70s/80s.
But also there were a couple of manufacturers in Aus at the time popping out similar boats under various names.
Other than that I can't be of much help.
There may even be some info on the boat itself

Yes, I agree Benn, it's an odd one. I'm familiar with most boat makes of this ilk in Oz after all our research finding one, and since owning one, but have never come across one called Fairhaven. However, it has that Taiwanese look about it, and is not dissimilar to my Lotus in size and layout. Looks quite a nice vessel actually John. If the price is right and the survey sound.....?

Many yards in Taiwan at that time would build a boat and put any name on it that the company importing them wanted on it. The exact same boat could be imported into the east coat of the US with one name, another name to the West coast of the US and another name to Europe.
You might ask the broker if he knows which yard built it and you might search on Yacht World for single engine diesel boats of that vintage and exact size. You might find a sistership under a different name.

AS the boat is only 1/2 mile from where I live I will have a chat with the broker and report back

Andy

Go to it detective Andy and let us know the result.

Reporting back as promised.

The Fairhaven is a Bruce Roberts design, built in Sydney on a Hull & deck formatt, that is you do your own fitting out. There were only about three or four built, not vey sussessful by all accounts.

The last post wasn't very successful either, I think I am suffering from keyboard dementia!

Back
Top Bottom