Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Top heavy?

How about this one top heavy ?

Attachments

• 2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3693.jpg
    2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3693.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 101
I saw this last week in Fort Lauderdale and I think it is a Trawler?

More properly an 'Expedition Yacht'. Not necessarily top heavy, just looks that way. Lots of weight below to counter the near empty space above. Just fittings and furniture in big rooms.

The Roberts boat is obviously a home built, no professional would build such a slab sided cabin IMHO. What exactly is the resale value of a backyard boat compared to a similar boatyard built custom? Are there many buyers for a boat that was the first and only build by an amatuer builder and does the price reflect the uncertainty of the build quality?

The Roberts boat is obviously a home built, no professional would build such a slab sided cabin IMHO. What exactly is the resale value of a backyard boat compared to a similar boatyard built custom? Are there many buyers for a boat that was the first and only build by an amatuer builder and does the price reflect the uncertainty of the build quality?

Well my boat is the first and only built custom by an amateur in his backyard (well I guess it was his backyard) and the price I paid reflected the fear of people to buy such a boat but in no case the built quality. And I feel very lucky to be the one having this unique boat and keep it in good shape by respect to the amount of work the builder spent making it.

L

I have decided that I need to upgrade my tender...

Attachments

• B1855C98-8B12-4590-A70B-E16627BC4927.jpg
    B1855C98-8B12-4590-A70B-E16627BC4927.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 115
I second your choice, Riva classics are gorgeous and you don’t have the inflatable boat issues.
By the way what is your boat size? :)

L

52’

A pair of V12 Lamborghini engines... what do you think the fuel burn would be, do you think I could afford the gas?

Who cares!

Last edited:
I don't think those 12 cylinder Italian guys are all that big.

Marty jere's one very similar.
Been on TF several times.
Pic was taken by me in Ketchikan AK about 10 years ago.
Mark likes this boat.

Owner is dedicated to providing fishing and outings for wounded vets here during the summer in the Ketchikan area. Has a outback location as well.

Al-Ketchikan

Hey CarDude, since you like Bruce Roberts designs, how about this one? 2006 Roberts Long Range Cruiser 650 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

It was up on the Chesapeake for years doing nothing but floating and finally sold. Apparently the guy that bought it has it back up on the market again. Good question is why? From what I know, it's a stable boat. It has protected TRAC stabilizers (kind of like bilge keeps / roll chocks, etc. It also has protected running gear as well.

Hey CarDude, since you like Bruce Roberts designs, how about this one? 2006 Roberts Long Range Cruiser 650 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

It was up on the Chesapeake for years doing nothing but floating and finally sold. Apparently the guy that bought it has it back up on the market again. Good question is why? From what I know, it's a stable boat. It has protected TRAC stabilizers (kind of like bilge keeps / roll chocks, etc. It also has protected running gear as well.

Extremely nice boat!

Holy smokes. That’s a ship!

Love that engine room for sure.

I guess the main thing on steel boats like this (non mass produced) is to make sure the builder was competent?

Last edited:
Last edited:
This one has been for sale forever it seems. The interior is a little “funky”’with that bed in the salon, no?

I think I saw it on the hard somewhere near the Ortona lock.

With a reciprocating saw (sawzall) anything is changeable :D

Me like. Want.

(Slight problem with the $745k however. [emoji23])

Here is a guy at Galati yacht sales who says the second helm chair is for a Nagavator...

I'm not sure it he meant what he said or was simply dyslexic.

Whole video:

or where he was when he went off the rails

Naval architects shouldn't go on peyote and magic mushroom benders :nonono:

Let's put it simple... it may have a little thing from the santa maria... it remains that it is just ugly. Anyway who would like to keep a rolls royce phantom amid ship?

L

This looks interesting. Note reference to "pilot boat hull" and the boat having been imported from Guernsey UK. Muscular looking boat in some pics, would make a nice trawler, except the saloon is tiny for boat size. Mattress on the forward berth looks to have taken a hammering.https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for...ceptionally-well-built-sport-fisherman/211240

I like her.

In video she rides proud on top of the water... probably shown at WOT.

Didn't notice fuel use stats at just below hull speed, cruise or WOT??

Hi,
A super seaworthy boat with a "surprise" on the deck.

And here is a sample of seaworthiness.

And if you want to see part2

NBs

Last edited:
NBs - How cute!

No matter how technologically advanced... Nearly all weapon types of yesteryear are now outmoded by AI controlled drones. The world of combat has forever changed.

Back
Top Bottom