View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #16
caltexflanc
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
I am a Magnum evangelist, being something of a pioneer with the brand on a boat when I installed my MS4024 system (BMK, AGS, Remote) 10 years ago. Great service before during and after the sale/installation. Extremely heavy use in 6+years of living and cruising aboard, living on the hook or a mooring for months at a time. American owned (then at least, not sure what the new Dimensions ownership structure is), American customer service, American made, serviceable.

The only other brand I would consider today is Outback, also all-American. I know many Hatteras owners with them since they make a 32v unit, all are very happy with the brand. Their new Mate3 control system is worth looking at as it combines AGS and BMK functionality with fewer modules. Looks pretty slick. Between those two choices, Magnum and Outback, I see no reason to look at anything else if you are an installing a system for heavy duty prolonged use.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote