Sailor of Fortune shout out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Remember your company was involved in the boat cleanup in Florida.

Had the tug Little Bully and barge coming through downtown New Smyrna yesterday about lunch time all the while they had search going on under this bridge for a PIW. Had a few wrecked boats on her.

While still many boats strewn along the ICW, seem like less than last year (at least to Titusville).

Part of your operation?

Attachments

• IMG953627.jpg
    IMG953627.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 130
My buddy saw that tug and barge this morning crossing the ICW on his way to work (near Titusville ).

Ted

Just passed this (Tues 0945) at the NASA causway bridge south of Titusville.

Attachments

• 20171212_093922.jpg
    20171212_093922.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 102
A few minutes ago, a tug and barge with sunk boats went down the St. Johns. Sorry, I missed taking a pic of it.

While it is nice to see the derelicts and other sunk boats disappear, can't help but wonder how long it will be before new ones show up to take their place as eyesores.

Little Bully is heading back to Jax with barges we had on charter for Key West yacht salvage. Bully has been under contract with us for several months.
We are negotiating to go to St Thomas for about 300 boats that have to be picked up. If we do go, Little Bully will be put on one of our deck barges and we will take her with us. We raised about 88 yachts in KW,some reclaimed by owners and many we towed over to Mobile for disposal.

Cool, would have liked to have been in that operation....

See you in Feb at the get together!!!

Jack (Steve), sorry, I couldn’t resist. :). How’d the trip towing the barges to Mobile with Irma boats go? I’d would have loved to crawl on them for a few days for parts vs the crusher.

Attachments

• CCE5D079-3646-4034-92C3-33786967946D.jpg
    CCE5D079-3646-4034-92C3-33786967946D.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 62
Jack (Steve), sorry, I couldn’t resist. :). How’d the trip towing the barges to Mobile with Irma boats go? I’d would have loved to crawl on them for a few days for parts vs the crusher.

Tow went well. Company said we could take what we wanted when they were on the barges. All the crew got some goodies. Getting off tomorrow in Mobile and renting a mini van for 3 of us Jax area guys to bring goodies home. Lots of good stuff on those boats. Hulls were pretty beat up.

Have fun with that trip to PR this time of year. I'll pass haha!

We brought half of a navy oiler back from PR to Key West then one of our other boats towed it to Mobile for scrap. 5 pieces of the hull and super structure. Heaviest piece was 153 ton,lightest 103 tons. Arrested drug boat that a crane fell on and sunk it at the dock in Ponce. Left about 400 tons behind at scrap dock in PR. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies leaving town. Sections were 3 stories high. 4 days of welding I beams to keep it in place.

What a great story! A cheap trawlerman's dream cruise. Can't wait to hear more details in person.

I have kicked this idea around for awhile...

2 single kayaks with an easy to break down cargo platform that could lash or bolt the 2 kayaks together as a small catamaran dingy.

The platform could be fitted with a small gas or electric motor.... probably a sail rig too.

You have the versitility of a small dingy with what could be considerable cargo capacity or 2 separate boats for 2 people to come and go when resupplying or ferrying people is not the mission.

Back
Top Bottom