Winter In Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
This morning was colder than usual. 49 degrees. But still a beautiful day with a high of 75 degrees.
December 12, 2017
IMG_3448.jpg

Yes I had to wear a long sleeve T shirt yesterday a few miles north of you.

About the same temperatures here in Fort Myers. Cold spell looks to be ending on Thursday with highs near 80 and lowes near 60 degrees. :D Heading out Thursday morning for a few days on the hook.

Ted

Wifey B: Frigid temps as it's 64 degrees in Key West right now. Highs in low 70's. Cold cold cold winter. :eek:

I'm loving this cool spell we're having. Managed to do some outside work yesterday without breaking into a sweat. Even thought about putting on socks.

I'm loving this cool spell we're having. Managed to do some outside work yesterday without breaking into a sweat. Even thought about putting on socks.

Wifey B: Did you wear a heavy coat? :rofl:

We're even using the lower helm and staying inside where it's warm today. :)

Yesterday wore jackets on the RIB's.

Cool morning in Jacksonville but already 66 going to 70. A good day to ride my motorcycle (boat is in the shop).

weenies

Oh, you poor, seasonally inadequate souls. You should live where life is lived at the extremes, where real men have real hair on their chests :socool:

Oh, you poor, seasonally inadequate souls. You should live where life is lived at the extremes, where real men have real hair on their chests :socool:

Wifey B: You're confusing men with the bears.

I chose summertime for my Alaskan cruising. Still saw a lot of highs in 50's and lows in 40's and wore my ski jacket. Also hit some cold a couple of years ago on the Erie Canal and then on the Illinois River. Will be near Charlotte, NC for Christmas with highs in low 50's and lows in low 30's probably. Shivering just thinking about it. Lived there for 11 years. Just not my thing and my man has plenty enough hair on his chest. :D

Here's the scientific equation.

Bikini > Overcoat

frozen-freezing-cold-shivering-jack-nicholson-gif-5390133
Heading to FL from ME tomorrow. 50's and 60's will seem like a blessing.

frozen-freezing-cold-shivering-jack-nicholson-gif-5390133

Attachments

• tenor.jpg
    tenor.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 122
About the same temperatures here in Fort Myers. Cold spell looks to be ending on Thursday with highs near 80 and lowes near 60 degrees. :D Heading out Thursday morning for a few days on the hook.

Ted

I am so jealous Ted. Where are you heading?

David

You're more than welcome to live life as a day to day death defying act. I prefer to enjoy life. I enjoyed Lake Superior this summer and saw my share of 30 and 40 degree water temperatures. That's cold enough for me.

Ted

I am so jealous Ted. Where are you heading?

David

Probably going to Cayo Costa or a trip up the Caloosahatchee river. Will have to decide when I clear the harbor entrance.

Ted

I'm glad I'm in Florida. Snow scares me. I didn't even see snow until I was 38 years old. It was a dirty white pile at the edge of Seawall Motel parking lot in Southwest Harbor Maine.
I had gone North in winter to see the progress on building Possum.

I'm glad I'm in Florida. Snow scares me. I didn't even see snow until I was 38 years old. It was a dirty white pile at the edge of Seawall Motel parking lot in Southwest Harbor Maine.
I had gone North in winter to see the progress on building Possum.

There is probably an identical pile there right now.

There is probably an identical pile there right now.

You would have laughed if you had seen me. I was walking across the lot and glanced at the pile, took another step, froze in place and slowly turned toward it as I realized what I was seeing. Of course I had to go touch it and looking further into the woods behind the parking lot I saw clean snow.

Probably going to Cayo Costa or a trip up the Caloosahatchee river. Will have to decide when I clear the harbor entrance.

Ted

Love the Cayo Costa/Pine Island Sound area. Cruised through there a few weeks ago and plan on going back as soon as I can to hang out on the hook for a week or so.

Folks from Northern climes that come on down , might want to keep their snowmobile snow suits on board.

When cold in the AM its great for raising the anchor , and with large zippers , one can stay cool as the temperature rises.

These rare 60’s and 70’s daytime highs here in FL are the only time I really enjoy working on the boat. Wish it was more often. The previous two years, it was hot through December.

Wifey B: Warm inside the AAA. Heat up 81-77. Go Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Our plan is to meet up with some friends (they go by car) at Rum runners rest. in Cape Coral on Monday the 18th for an afternoon snack and drink, then drop the hook
at the anchorage off Tarpon Point and head home some time Tuesday.
As long as there is no snow in the forecast.:socool:

I recall recent debate over the need of the lower helm. Well, the past couple of days, that's the helm we used. It is now 69 degrees but we're home.

Ahhhhhh....

Patrick AFB....

Thursday night at the Tiki Bar. Cheap beer, the DJ grills whatever you give him to perfection and the sunsets arent half bad looking back at your boat.

Tomorrow a ring side seat for a rocket launch and the marina is $28 per night.

Nice to be treated like royalty once and awhile.... :)

Attachments

• 20171214_173715_001.jpg
    20171214_173715_001.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20171214_173708.jpg
    20171214_173708.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 76
Good for you. You’ve earned a few nights of the royal treatment!

Northeast Florida is to cold to ride out the winter. Need to go further south!

Wifey B: Come on down....:D

Only 66 at the moment but recovery underway and up to 77 today.[/QUOT

I would love to but got the boat parade tomorrow night, the New Year’s Eve at hammock beach is stellar!

Back
Top Bottom