Lurking member, now with trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captcarp

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Navigator
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy/Europa 36
Hi all. Last July I purchased a 36’ Island Gypsy Europa. During the buying process I asked a few TF members (IG owners) for input and got some great help. Thanks to all - great forum.

I’ve been looking through old posts on IGs and Halvorsens and found some references to my boat. Her name is “Navigator “ (I kept the name), she was built in 1998, hull number 141 and is powered by a single Cummins 330 hp (really 315) turbocharged and aftercooled diesel. Previous owners, I am the third, did a great job of keeping her in great shape and outfitted her with some great equipment. Cruise RO water maker, 300 watts of solar panels, 880 ah of AGM batteries, great ground tackle, to name some.

We keep her moored in Pepperell Cove in Kittery Point, Maine and cruised her a little in Casco Bay Maine last summer. We didn’t get to cruise her too much, never made Downeas Maine our usual cruising area, because of some health issues. Our cruising plans for summer of 2018 include the Erie, Trent Severn and Rideau canals. Next fall we plan to take her down the ICW to Florida and cruise SW FL for the winter and head to Bahamas in the early spring (unless some other joint fails or another body part disintegrates).

Looking forward to meeting with many TFers, Loopers, etc. along the way.

Cannot wait to cross your path on the Ottawa river past the Rideau! If one day you spot me first say honk honk :)

L

Congrats! Any pics of the new boat?

Back
Top Bottom