The Front Fell Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ex Sailor

This was about the time and in response to the ferry " Estonia " disaster in the Baltic where the front of the ferry fell off ......

Thank you Ex Sailor. Sadly John Clarke died this year during a walking/hiking trip. Originally from New Zealand, an amazing humorist who could portray almost any politician while appearing as himself.

That’s funny stuff

Hi,

Here for you add "humor" to the authentic Estonia Mayday colling from my home area...

NBs

Funny clip but the association with the Estonia is unfortunate although I'm sure it wasn't intended to be insensitive. The loss of the Estonia is still shrouded in mystery and I'd imagine is still very raw for all those affected by it.

This has NOTHING to do with the sinking of the Estonia.... The Estonia wasn't even a tanker, so enjoy some humor and stop getting worked up over nothing.

The original humorous clip was associated with a tanker that had a fractured hull causing a spark and fire, then,.................the front fell off. Actually the bow separated from the remainder of the hull. This was many years ago when single hull tankers were still the rule of the day. I believe I first saw it over 15 years ago..

The Estonia was a tragedy. The only saving grace was that it, along with the Herald of Free Enterprise capsize, led to many new safety rules regarding the construction and operation of RO/RO passenger ferries..

This has NOTHING to do with the sinking of the Estonia.... The Estonia wasn't even a tanker, so enjoy some humor and stop getting worked up over nothing.
All100% true but unfortunately the OP links the clip and the Estonia tragedy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom