The view...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
From the Boat Haven boatyard in Port Townsend from the deck of The Promise. IMG_0131.jpgIMG_0132.jpgIMG_0133.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpgIMG_0136.jpg

Love it, when I look around where I keep the boat I only see cruisers in noisy boats and rednecks (well mainly).

L

It’s pretty mixed here, next time I will photo the commercial boat area, and the PT co-op. There are some amazing boats up here.

Yes nice view indeed.
Four of the six pics have a Willard 30 in them.

Excuse my East Coast ignorance but what is the purpose of the blue tarps on the ground?

They try to keep nasties from seeping into the earth. There is a station all boats go to where they wash the bottoms and all the runoff is collected & treated before it goes to somewhere. Any sanding has to be with a vacuum. The good news is we can work on our own boats.

Makes me a bit homesick - I was there for about 10 months for my refit. I sure don't miss the fortnightly invoices though!

It really is a great boatyard. I was onsite 70% of the time and did a lot of work myself. And there are a good range of service providers available. Most of my work was done by the CoOp. They are very good, and a lot cheaper than the Seattle area yards.

Started out to have my shaft log replaced cause it was leaking. Now having all the bronze seacocks and through hulls relaced. Water tanks replaced. New sounder installed. Diesel heater installed. Some other bits & bobs....etc.etec. Had the shaft inspected & straightened. Today I installed the swim step I rebuilt.

Probably will be a few more weeks on the hard, then I run out of money. :surrender:

Attachments

• 898ED2DB-DA9E-4739-97E7-F0CAC14CC335.jpg
    898ED2DB-DA9E-4739-97E7-F0CAC14CC335.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 76
Wow Dave that's a bunch of work. The Promise will love you for it . Looks like a cool boatyard. The CoOp always has some neat boats they're working . I'm always checking their web sight. Keep us posted on progress.

Thanks Marty, it made sense to do the other things to her bottom while hauled already. John Glasier from Eagle Marine is doing the underwater work. Later next year the CoOp is going to replace all the windows, another $$$ job.

Makes me a bit homesick - I was there for about 10 months for my refit. I sure don't miss the fortnightly invoices though!

It really is a great boatyard. I was onsite 70% of the time and did a lot of work myself. And there are a good range of service providers available. Most of my work was done by the CoOp. They are very good, and a lot cheaper than the Seattle area yards.

How much time did you spend at Sirens pub?

How much time did you spend at Sirens pub?

Not that much - I was trying to lose weight at the time, not gain weight! Just one of many great establishments around town.

$$$$$ Boat Love

Oh RW .. I get it.

What percentage of them are plastic?

Not sure. They were all wood from ‘69-73. Ours is one of the first plastic hulls built in’74. The company went TU in the late 80’s. It’s a hybrid, plastic hull, wood house. The Promise never had teak decking fortunately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom