Losing the Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alfton

Boat Bum
Vessel Name
Traveling Star
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
For those who dream to cruise but think they cannot.* May I offer a solution.* An article from my past

http://alftons-stories.blogspot.com/

-- Edited by Alfton on Thursday 29th of September 2011 03:42:51 PM

-- Edited by Alfton on Thursday 29th of September 2011 03:46:12 PM

Cograts on achieving the bigger dream, staying alive!

John:

I read your blog and I must say that you are a winner, not only a survivor. You beat the (S...) out of the big C. After that turmoil, all you get is profit! Live long my friend!

Regards

Portuguese

If you need a little humor, click on the year 2010 on the right and scroll down in the blog to October 2010 where I discuss becoming*a "Laundrynaut"

I've got my annual mole check this afternoon!* I am glad they got your melanoma in time John, though I am confused as to why you had to give up your dream of cruising?* The "two weeks at a time" gig sounds fantastic though!!

The reason that I only cruise 2 weeks a year is because i have to stay employed to retain my healh insurance.* "I love my job, it comes with health insurance"

BTW my 2 week gigs have included British Virging Islands, central Croatia, Abaco Bahamas, Belize, San Juan Islands (PNW), and sourthern Croatia.* I am currently planning a second trip to the British Virgin Islands.*

Alfton wrote:
The reason that I only cruise 2 weeks a year is because i have to stay employed to retain my healh insurance.* "I love my job, it comes with health insurance"*
Ah, I see.* You are certainly making the most of things!*

Enjoy your BVI trip.* I need to go again soon.* Conch fritters!* Painkillers!* Lobster on the beach (Anegada)!* sigh.*

you really know your BVI's.*

Next you will tell me you have a "I jumped off the Willy T naked" t-shirt

Alfton wrote:

LOL.* No.* My husband jumped off, clothed, on our last trip.* The place did not do anything for me.* I'd rather be on the beach sipping a rum drink than listening to all that racket.* :)

Carl, we were actually asleep on our boat on the last morning of our last trip to the BVIs*when we heard someone banging on the hull.* The purpose of the trip was to attend a wedding at the Bitter End and after the wedding we'd been buddy boating around with the bride and groom.* We had been at the Willy T's the night before but declined to jump.* So this banging was the groom coming over to drag my husband back to the Willy T's at 0 dark early to jump so my husband could "say that he had*done it."**The groom tried to get me to come along*but I find that about the stupidest reason to do*a thing so I stayed in bed.* So they went over to the closed Willy T's and*jumped off.***
confuse.gif
* Whoop de doo.*
smile.gif

Old Stone wrote:
OK - So if the groom was coming over the morning after the wedding, I have to ask - are they still married? :confuse:

-- Edited by Old Stone on Friday 30th of September 2011 01:10:15 PM
LOL no no no this was a week or so after the wedding.* They had been together for YEARS before they got married and she is still putting up with him now.*

Alfton wrote:

*Willie T, North Sound, The Bight, Cooper I,* The Indians, Anegada, Jost Van Dyke....* That place is the best...* Ivan's on White Bay is my fav.* Just pour your own and settle up with Ivan before you leave.

Alfton,
A truly touching story and really grateful you shared and even more so, grateful you have your health.

As they say, time and tide wait for no one so if you gonna go, go now.

The good part is that life is a great joy whether cruising or staying in one place as you well know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom