Halvorsen 42 For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to see that wearing a Halvorsen Badge.

If someone will buy a Clorox bottle they will surely buy that boat.

Coming from a sailing background I think it looks great!

This is a new Halvorsen model to me. https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...alvorsen-42-pilothouse-coastal-cruiser/210811.
It is hull no.3, perhaps few were built. The builder Yardway seems predate Jiang Hua involvement with Halvorsen(and Integrity). Looks remarkably cluttered for size and lacking in living space on the main deck, but certainly Halvorsen in style.

That microwave it taking up limited counter space. See if you can mount/hang or bury it in a new cabinet. It has to go somewhere to regain the counter space. Looking at the pictures...... have a cabinet built over the sinks and stuff the microwave in there.

If you don't like the clutter and lack of living space, don't buy it. You might never be happy with the boat.

Last edited:
Interestingly the Chinese "Yardway" makers plate appears on a Halvorsen 38 for sale, even though that particular boat was built in Australia. I`m thinking Harvey H licensed his designs to Yardway at some stage.
The 42 looks to have a Halvorsen 40 hull, maybe extended. The pilothouse is unusual for Halvorsen, and gives rise to more stairs, like a sundeck.
Now, if it had twins instead of that big single.....

There was another of these 42s for sale, new, in 2014/2015 at Bobbin Head. It had a slightly extended transom so was called a ‘42 + 2’. Was named “Emma B” I think. It took a long time to sell. To my mind the lines arent right on that boat - somehow the hardtop looks out of place. I wouldn’t call it ugly, but...
H.

Could be the proportions are wrong, maybe too tall. Other than that it is growing on me. But then I just had an s.c.c.cut out, and that was "growing on me" too.

I'd own it in a breath a lot of boat for 450k and 2008
I`d like to see an ER pic, but don`t want to excite the broker for no reason.

Kinda reminds me of a Helmsman 38 or a North Pacific.

I like it.

Looks pretty! Is that a good feature for a LRC?? IDK. Seems well priced though....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom