Bridge removal on 34LRC??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fighterpilot

How big a job is it to take the bridge off so one could haul it over the road? Does the bridge have to be removed? Also how do you get the fuel tanks out if they leak? Thanks

did you buy the 34' in Huntington Beach harbour?

i thought a different guy on here bought that boat???

My PO removed his flybridge and placed it on the foredeck for transport from FL to CA. To do this he also put quick attachments to the hydraulic and electrical from the flybridge to the lower helm.

I believe the transport went pretty smoothly although it was a few years ago. I priced transporting a Nordhavn 35 from FL (east side) to Monterey CA and the quote was $18,000 in early 2011.

A big job.
Removed my old rusty fuel tanks last year. Cut them up in pieces with a reciprocating saw. Another big job. And a messy one too.

Did both, not for transportation but for repairs on my Marine Trader. The fly bride was pretty much straight forward. Removed the screws, disconnected the sterring and wiring and removed the caulking around the bridge. Used an electric hoist to lift it off to facilitate repairs to the deck.

Fuel tanks, I was far harder to remove the old ones, had to remove the*bulk heads between the engine and tanks and cut the tanks into pieces with a recip. saw. The old tanks held about 210 gallons each and when I cut them open they were in really good shape on the insides, been there since 1977,*except for the tops which were*riddled with rust holes. I replaced them with aluminum tanks of 150 gallons each they went right in and I then fabricated mounts for them in place, I then glassed the mounts to the hull. I am still working in the engine room and have not closed the new tanks in yet or reinstalled the engine, which I rebuilt thanks to Bryan's council*at American Diesel* and all the parts that I needed, they were much less expensive from them than from anyone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom