MS 390 Deck Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daviddraper

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Andiamo
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Trawler
My wife and I are looking to purchase a 390 asap here in Florida.
We looked at one a couple of days ago, and the flybridge floor was sponge. The entire aft end was spongy and this carried through to the back half of the flybridge sitting area. My question is, is this a common issue with the Mainship? I won't give the boat we looked at a 2nd thought, but it was the 1st boat we've looked at. We're about to drive to the East Coast in 2 days to check out a few more in the 2000 year range, can I expect this to be a concern on the other boats, or was my experience an isolated incident?

On a 2nd note, I'm limiting my look to Yanmars. I would be interested in hearing opinions of single vs twins.

Thanks!

For ease of maintenance I would stick to a single engine. I’ve heard with the twins it’s way too hard to get to the outside of the engines.

We looked at a 390 that didn’t have any deck issues. So they are out there. I would second the single engine in a 390. I think that twins would be tight for maintenance. Just have thrusters...

390 decks

We have a 2000 390. Have absolutely no issues with spongy decks anywhere. I have twin Yanmar 4LHA=STE engines. The are 230 HP Ea. Have 750 hours on boat. I do all maintenance and have only had to change the exhaust elbows.

Smooth Sailing,

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom