Salty Dog Arrives - Demopolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyDog

Just landed and was surprised by the quantity of salty vessels here.

Plans are to the south in the next few days. Any advice?

What do you consider is salty? Not to be too denigrating, but a house boat could make it to Demopolis (but not from the Gulf).

David

I don't have any advice for you but we did see Salty Dog when you were docked at Green Turtle Bay . We love your boat . I took a picture hope you don't mind .

Salty would include a KK 42, Eagle 40, 40 Willard with raised pilothouse and stack - not something I've seen before, Fisher MS I think, a Marlow, and a lobster style, a steel trawler. There are some big houseboats, and a small one that is doing the loop.

Salty would include a KK 42, Eagle 40, 40 Willard with raised pilothouse and stack - not something I've seen before, Fisher MS I think, a Marlow, and a lobster style, a steel trawler. There are some big houseboats, and a small one that is doing the loop.

Wifey B: They'll all be salty once they pass Mobile. :rofl:

Since it is light again I can see some of those I left out before.

Waterfall II from AK - quite sure I've seen her on here. Long low and narrow with pilot house.

A N40 or 43

And of course the GBs/TTs

BandB, Salt encrusted does not make a vessel salty! IMHO.

If you want a peek at what's ahead, start reading my blog at my Demopolis post.

I haven't been there in the fall, but if it's anything like when we were there in March, I hope you have heat!

As for houseboats, don't count them out in salt water. We saw a ton of them all along the ICW from Mobile Bay to the Atlantic ICW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom