Aft port side window 1983 36 Albin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
After cruising the ICW I need to address the leaking coming from the aft port window. Both lower sides of the window are rotted?? has anyone removed the window and how? and where was a new window ordered from and how was the teak around the window bulkhead addressed and repaired. thank you

Last edited:
Big hammer, chisel, crowbar. Lots of hammering and prying. The outter frames were held on by screws from the inside.

It is best to start in the inside. I used a razor knife to cut around the frames, hoping to save the interior veneer....useless.

Not all years or models were built the same, just similar, so whatever anyone says, it may or may not be the same as yours.

Replaced all 16 windows with clamp together RV windows.

I re-sealed many of my windows. As PS said lots of creative ways to remove them. I was able to save all the wood but it takes patience.
I was able to save the glass on most of my windows, those that broke were easily replaced with automotive safety glass available thru any glass shop.
Some we got tinted glass, others clear depending on where they are located.
Hope this helps.
We used "Sikaflex" to reseal, I think it was their 292 product but it's been a few years.

Should have been more clear.

As gently as I tried, every frame and glass broke on the first couple windows. Then again, the windows were slathered with several types of goop so I ordered 16 windows and went the demolition route.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom