Manatees for sale in PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coddiwomple

Hi there. I'm really interested in the KK Manatee as a live aboard option. I'm wondering if anyone knows of one for sale by owner in the PNW. Especially the 1 stateroom option. Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated.

I like the Manatee’s,
Hard to imagine a better live-aboard too.
But as I see it they are great cruisers too. Imagine that.
A very easily driven hull that can carry the additional weight all live-aboards probably accumulate. And carry it gracefully.
Frosting on the cake is that they are fairly good looking.
You have good taste sir.

I think it's a great choice for coastal cruising around our Gulf Islands, San Juans, Puget Sound and the like. I've looked through most of the posts that I can find and there seems to be one in Sidney, BC on Vancouver Island and they have taken it around the island and to Alaska. Sounds good to me. There is one for sale in Seattle, but it's the 2 stateroom version. It interests me, but I'd sure like a look at a 1 stateroom version as well to compare.

A lot of folks don’t care for the two stateroom version, but I think it’s well done. For a cruising couple who prefer separate quarters, a dedicated stateroom and office or cruisers with kids or regular guests it’s great. Also takes modifications well. The head is a bit smaller but still manages a separate shower, and the galley layout works very well. Saloon space is still very good. The cavernous closet space in the single stateroom version is hard to duplicate, but in actual cubic ft of storage, I’m not sure you have to give up that much. Jimmy Krogen’s personal boat was a two stateroom version.

Of course, as Eric noted above, these are very good looking boats and are often refered to as the practical man’s Flemming!:hide:

Last edited:
I like the idea of two rooms and would use one as an office and occasional guest room. My dilemma is the "crawl over each other" bed set up. We have that on our present boat and have been dreaming of a lovely queen island bed! Do you know if the berths on the 2 stateroom version are queens?

The practical man’s Fleming.

[emoji51]

Thanks for the info all. I will join the user group and see what I can find. In the meantime, we will keep searching.

HaHa Larry you hauled me out on the limb w ya.
OK fine I do think they are good looking but the’re no Fleming or GB.
And I’d never have one because they have no lower helm.
Also I’ve never seen one and I think the original poster is dreaming thinking he’ll find one in Puget Sound.

Well, I agree with everything said....mostly. I do think the Manatee is a great looking boat once you get used to it. It did take a little time for its true beauty to grow on me. I am a little concerned about having to go to the fly bridge for a helm station, but I guess that's part of how they got so much space downstairs. I do like that there is apparently a hatch to send food and beverages up to the hungry and thirsty skipper. And....there is actually one for sale in Seattle. Unfortunately, it's the 2 stateroom set up and I'm pretty sure that we're done with climbing over each other to get to the head at night. Too bad.

Thanks again for your help.

We found our Manatee from the Users Group. Well worth the investment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom