Has anyone used the walabot wall scanner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stubones99

Guru
I just saw this and was curious about how it would work on a boat. It uses an android device, so my current phones won’t work. Too bad it does not use Bluetooth to bridge the device and phone display, so it would work with almost any phone.

It appears to use broadband radar to scan the wall for pipes, wires, and other stuff. Says it is limited to 4inches scan depth. Since fiberglass is RF transparent, it should work to find coring, wires, pipes and bonds lines on fiberglass boats. Their tech support didn’t know how it would work but was interested in the results...

Right now they have it for $79 bucks, 20 bucks off!

https://walabot.com/diy

Hmmm, Stubby. That might be worth looking into. Always in search of tool toys!

you could pick up a cheap droid phone for 25 bucks and dedicate it to this thing...you wouldn't have to switch your personal phone. You wouldn't need to activate the phone.

My iPhone 5S has now been designated Obsolete by the all mighty Apple, so it's either time to switch or upgrade to a whole new set of bugs... Have not decided which way I wanna jump though. When they made the proprietary Apple Lightning cable and blocked third party cable vendors, it pissed me off, so I've not put more $ in Apple products. Apparently my holding off on new apple purchases hasn't hurt their income much :)

I recall wondering where cables went while trying to determine open circuit problems on my last boat so thought it might help you guys now. If it doesn't work, they have a return policy so no real risk it seems.

I'd want to add a thermal camera too, in my gadget collection.

Back
Top Bottom