TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, this is great and it grows every year.

Will there be a party bus to Marine Liquidators?

I'm thinking of a side day trip to Cape Canaveral. It's a place I've always wanted to visit but have never had the opportunity. Anyone else interested? I'll have a rental car.

I'm thinking of a side day trip to Cape Canaveral. It's a place I've always wanted to visit but have never had the opportunity. Anyone else interested? I'll have a rental car.

Just a couple of hours away so a great time to work it in. I would go early and plan on a full day though. I'd try to be there as close to 9:00 AM as possible.

Doesn't take much to talk me into going to the Cape. I go to worship the Saturn V and the men who flew them. If we get lucky there might be a launch scheduled during the TF gathering. Even the toys we're launching these days should be visible from Ft. Pierce. Better still to be at the Cape for a launch.

...I'm thinking of a side day trip to Cape Canaveral. It's a place I've always wanted to visit but have never had the opportunity. Anyone else interested? I'll have a rental car.

We went last year. Definitely worth the price of admission. Seeing the retired Atlantis Space shuttle up close was one of the many highlights.

I’ve been to the cape a few times, very worthwhile but seeing a rocket take off is awesome, nothing more impressive in my life. You may get lucky. I’ve seen two launches from across the river. Listening on the radio you hear the countdown, you see the exhaust and hear the rumble and feel the ground shake under your feet and finally see the lift off. Amazing. Something you will never forget.

Hey Parks. There is a rumor your having a new boat built. Someone said a Viking 72. (Kidding of course) Best of luck to you.

Hi Big, nope won't be a sport fish boat. Dragging dead mullet up and down the Gulf Stream is not my idea of fun. My Dad used to refer to sport fish boats as mullet tugs.

Ditto on the rocket launch excitement. I saw Apollo 11 and 12 from the press site at the Cape and a night Shuttle launch from near by.

I even saw a shuttle smoke trail and a night launch from Miami. That surprised me. Not nearly as spectacular as being at the Cape.

I want to see a SpaceX booster return at night. That has to be exciting.

In case you didn't pick up on it, I'm a real space junky.

Parks. Everyone is a junkie for something. So how big does Ellis make their boats?

I notice you not at HC very often, good for you. See you in Ft Pierce if not before.

That's great, Parks! We finally get to meet and then a road trip to Spaceland! I've signed up for launch alerts to keep up the launch schedules for the visit.

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/

Sounds like an epic week. I'm very much looking forward to meeting so many fellow TFers.

That's great, Parks! We finally get to meet and then a road trip to Spaceland! I've signed up for launch alerts to keep up the launch schedules for the visit.

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/

Sounds like an epic week. I'm very much looking forward to meeting so many fellow TFers.

Wifey B: Sounds so refreshing to hear you guys talk about doing something during the trip other than drink beer. :hide:

Maybe Flywright will be a good influence.

Hi Parks looks like a great boat, offer less and see what happens. Spent some money and be happy SS is going to be paying you soon too!

WifeyB. You seem to be misinformed, we will drink beer the entire trip. No designated drive for us, these guys live dangerously. ��

Parks, I have had the pleasure since 2000 to be front row seat for these epic launches. Run a 47 passenger tour boat, the launches especially at night are awesome. The space X boaster landings are special.

John

I think 36 is the biggest they make but I have my eye on a used 32 listed with their brokerage. I'm still trying to figure out this retirement thing and don't want to spend a lot of money yet. https://ellisboatbrokerage.com/ellis-32-flybridge-cruiser-32003/

Where's the boat located Parks? Should you decide to go look at her and she is at Ellis in SW Harbor, you have a free bed and beers at our house. It's only an hour or less from us. Although, we will be in FL part of Dec and all of Jan and Feb.

Just a couple of hours away so a great time to work it in. I would go early and plan on a full day though. I'd try to be there as close to 9:00 AM as possible.

Are you going to be there in Ft. Pierce?

Wifey B:

Maybe Flywright will be a good influence.

That's the first time I ever heard that. Clearly you do not know me. :eek::facepalm::hide:

Where's the boat located Parks? Should you decide to go look at her and she is at Ellis in SW Harbor, you have a free bed and beers at our house. It's only an hour or less from us. Although, we will be in FL part of Dec and all of Jan and Feb.

The boat is in Maine. If I get up that way, we'll get together. I made the mistake of shipping Possum south. I won't miss the opportunity to bring this one South on her own bottom.

The boat is in Maine. If I get up that way, we'll get together. I made the mistake of shipping Possum south. I won't miss the opportunity to bring this one South on her own bottom.

icon14.gif

Al, I plan to bring my short bus down for trips to Marine Liquidators.

For those coming early the food truck invasion is supposed to be on Saturday, February 17.

Looking forward to another great weekend with friends who share a similar passion.

If we host the party Saturday night we may need some help with ice as the new ice maker is not as fast as the old one. Sippy cups will be furnished to all. Watfa has food planned and Carmelita’s will be served plus other drinks (note get you adult beverage early before Baker and Larry). LMAO

Thanks Jack (Steve)

Greatly appreciated besides you made my job so much easier; I don’t have to find PBR and can get Bud (much easier for me). BTW is it Bud Lite or high Test?

Irv: Don’t worry about Baker and me. I hear there are a few new members coming that are looking to make an impression. We are the least of your worries. :rolleyes:

Lena has informed me that we’ll have a welcome meet and greet/happy hour (or 2) on Hobo the evening of the 21st, starting about 5. Apps, beer and wine will be provided (we’re leaving the rum to you!). Plans for dinner are to walk down to Tillman’s Barbecue, just north of the marina or whatever works or peoples’ choice.

She also said this not just a guy thing. :)

Irv: Don’t worry about Baker and me. I hear there are a few new members coming that are looking to make an impression. We are the least of your worries. :rolleyes:

Lena has informed me that we’ll have a welcome meet and greet/happy hour (or 2) on Hobo the evening of the 21st, starting about 5. Apps, beer and wine will be provided (we’re leaving the rum to you!). Plans for dinner are to walk down to Tillman’s Barbecue, just north of the marina or whatever works or peoples’ choice.

She also said this not just a guy thing. :)

Truer words were never spoken! Should be lots of fun! Old friends, new friends and boats. Steve thinks it doesn't get much better that that...

Larry you and Baker are my primary worries until others step up and prove they can consume more liquor that you guys. That barbecue joint was good and Don even made the drive. Looking forward to it.

So in checking the schedule listed by the Major Domo (Don) the party on our boat will now be Friday evening, Watfa has apps and food planned, paperplates this year so we don’t lose any and sippy cups for those who are not real drinkers and miss their mouths. Looking forward to another great time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom