Searching for this style ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
FORTITUDE
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 54-8
Our swim platform has no ladder for re-boarding the boat.**Something our survey noted as a recommendation and one I'm keen to install for re-boarding but since we have dingy davits I'm quite limited in how far outboard of the swim platform I can go.

Saw this in an image search but I cannot seem to source it anywhere:

024_2.JPG

Seeking the collective wisdom of TF here.**Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Thanks in advance!

Airstream, I might have what you're looking for. I removed it from our Mainship two years ago and replaced it with an under the platform ladder. And our boat is in Seattle. PM me (if I can figure out how that works).

They have that style on early model sea rays. Maybe ch k flounder pounder? Fpmarine.com

An under platform ladder has lots of advantages: less toe stubbing when using the platform and easier to deploy from in water.

Yeah, I hear you on the under mount. My concern is most stick down far enough that it would be in the water. I'll measure the distance from the swim platform to the waterline again today.

porman hooked me up. There are some very kind and generous members on TF!

Our swim platform has no ladder for re-boarding the boat.**Something our survey noted as a recommendation and one I'm keen to install for re-boarding but since we have dingy davits I'm quite limited in how far outboard of the swim platform I can go.

Saw this in an image search but I cannot seem to source it anywhere:

024_2.JPG

Seeking the collective wisdom of TF here.**Does anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Thanks in advance!

I have one of those in my storage shed here in Poulsbo, yours if you want it. Of course, you'll need to come get it. PM me if you want it.

Marty.......................

I have one of those in my storage shed here in Poulsbo, yours if you want it. Of course, you'll need to come get it. PM me if you want it.

Marty.......................

And I've got one I'd willingly give away here in Queensland, Australia, if you feel like a stroll. I replaced it with an under platform pull out and down version also, like this. Think about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 58
Another problem with re-boarding ladders that are on top of the swim platform is that they might get tangled up when you cross stern lines. I have changed mine to the under the swim platform style and love it.

I took mine (as OP pictured) off, it couldn't be lowered while the dinghy was on the davits and I don't think it could be deployed by someone in the water, MOB situation or simply fall off the boat while at anchor.
I replaced it with a telescoping ladder under the platform mounted one as shown in earlier posts. In the picture below it is under the Stbd side, the bolts hold it in place, and the PVC pipe on SS chain serves as a handhold when getting out of the water.

Attachments

• 2012 swim platform.jpg
    2012 swim platform.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
Another problem with re-boarding ladders that are on top of the swim platform is that they might get tangled up when you cross stern lines. I have changed mine to the under the swim platform style and love it.

I removed ours as it was putting too much stress on the outer edge of the swim platform when deployed. I went with under the platform one because I felt the load was spread out more ..... just my .02 CAD

Thanks all. After trying (unsuccessfully) to work out how to mount the one generously donated by porman (thank you again) I ended up bailing and ordered an under mount boarding ladder (for all the reasons stated).

Not trying to hi jack the thread but I'm looking for something that would hinge and fit here behind transom door . I have big heavy portable dive ladder that's a pain . I don't have a swim platform.

Attachments

• IMG_2782.JPG
    IMG_2782.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 47
Not trying to hi jack the thread but I'm looking for something that would hinge and fit here behind transom door . I have big heavy portable dive ladder that's a pain . I don't have a swim platform.

How about something like this bolted on the transom. The bottom half of the ladder folds up and it shouldn't interfere with the transom door. I had one like this on my last boat and attached a lanyard to the bottom rung so that it could be reached by someone in the water in case the ladder was stowed and needed to be deployed.
B00361-WEB-510x510.jpg
B00361-WEB2-510x510.jpg

How about something like this bolted on the transom. The bottom half of the ladder folds up and it shouldn't interfere with the transom door. I had one like this on my last boat and attached a lanyard to the bottom rung so that it could be reached by someone in the water in case the ladder was stowed and needed to be deployed.
B00361-WEB-510x510.jpg
B00361-WEB2-510x510.jpg
Thanks , that should work pretty good and it would be easier to mount with backing plates on inside of transom . It looks like it would fold up tight enough that the dinghy should miss it when launched. I could use the transom door area as the top step . Might have to put handhold on each side of transom opening. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
The reason I went with a 'pullout' ladder mounted underneath was that it's easily deployable from the water.

Of course the next challenge is making the duckboard deployable from the water!

Attachments

• DSC04585.jpg
    DSC04585.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 76
Thanks all. After trying (unsuccessfully) to work out how to mount the one generously donated by porman (thank you again) I ended up bailing and ordered an under mount boarding ladder (for all the reasons stated).

Good move. They are a challenge for some people to climb. When in use the ladder tends to bend inwards slightly underneath the swim platform, especially if there is no grab handle within reach on the transom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom