Just bought a beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlyguynola

Vessel Name
Bonnie C’S
Vessel Make
DeFever 40ft Passage-maker Downeast
40ft Passagemaker 1979 cleaning her up a lil the going to see what this trawl-erring stuff is all about IMG_0139.jpg

Don't know about the condition of this particular boat but it has a fantastic pedigree. Too bad Mike Thompson's website where he completely restored M/V Full Step is no longer available online. He passed away 3 or 4 years ago and his wife has since sold the boat and deactivated the website. I was looking hard at these boats when I was shopping so I downloaded many, many photos of these boats at various stages of refit. Let me know if you want any of the info. Single engine or twins?

Twin Perkins 130’s 10kw Isuzu IMG_0306.jpg

I would love to see any and all its cleaning up nice

Send me a PM with your email and I'll zip them up and send them. May be 2 or 3 batches, depending on how large the files get.

Congrats on your new boat. I love working on boats. Have fun.

It’s come long way but it’s cleaning up just fine IMG_0255.jpg

ComoDave I see you have a president I almost bought one in Punta Gorda but survey sucked it was a 49ft

I flew there checked it out but it needed to much work owner died good buy but too much work for me

Harly, you may not remember me. My wife and I passed you and your lady friend(wife) on our way out of the harbor when y'all were getting ready to leave with your new boat. We were in the 41' Litton. Glad to see you are happy with the Defever. It's looking good. Keep me posted. We are looking for a 44 DeFever. If you run across one let me know.

I was just going to ask if that's got DeFever roots since it looks a lot like fellow TFer, remwine's 40. Good, stout boats with great bones.

Congrats!

Harly, you may not remember me. My wife and I passed you and your lady friend(wife) on our way out of the harbor when y'all were getting ready to leave with your new boat. We were in the 41' Litton. Glad to see you are happy with the Defever. It's looking good. Keep me posted. We are looking for a 44 DeFever. If you run across one let me know.

No not sure it was me and mechanic he was pretty scruffy looking so don’t think you would of mistook him for my wife I bought it out of Madisonville stopped to fuel up bye the bridge but wife still hasn’t maid her Maiden voyage yet completely redoing her one step at a time keep it in back of my house we live in Lakeshore estates here are the before will proudly show some after very soon IMG_0183.jpgIMG_0139.jpg

Maybe it wasn’t you. But it was a gay and gal in maybe their 40s preparing to pull out when we went by. Our slip was just behind where your boat was for years. We always gave it a good look each time we went by. Everyone at the Harbor was wondering how you made out with your one engine crossing the lake.

Yes that was me then except no wife just me and mechanic made the trip the trip was uneventful she handled even some rough seas with some bad weather beautiful she don’t look nothing like this anymore yes she is an awesome good bones boat really coming around replacing the engines bought two from up north late 90 models 130 Perkins rebuilt the 10kw Isuzu gen set she will be ready to cruise soon not a day goes buy I don’t do something towards our dream of live aboard few months out of the years to come look what I just bought for her

The new dinghy

Has 25 hp 4 stroke Suzuki for power gonna hang on the back my taxi cab when anchored out

Man! You got it going on. Hope to see you out on the water soon.

Man! You got it going on. Hope to see you out on the water soon.

Me too lol yes if you have anything coming up she should be ready to go after Mardi Gras

Good luck with your new sled!

Thanks setting up battery banks inverter and solar panels in connection with my newly rebuilt 10kw Isuzu Diesel LimaMac genset so when on the hook will able to be very comfortable still have lots to do thanks

Great looking boat. I used the following with Buff magic and boy did it bring out the shine. Have fun taking care of your baby.......good luck. No I do not have any financial interest in Shurhold. Just like their products.

https://shurhold.com/featured/dual-action-polisher-pro-promo

Keep the pics coming.....

Thanks working on all the systems at the present I did varnish all teak replaced all windows fixed doors painted lazaret and engine room and freshened up the two staterooms and salon

Back
Top Bottom