St Augustine Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Just posted this over at MTOA.

Just got back from the lighting of the Nights of Lights.

They now have diesel.

The only available dock is one side of the dock leading down to the fuel dock, and then both sides of the fuel T-dock, the outside after the fuel dock closed. They also had room for five or six boats on an inside long dock that is the walkway for tourists going to the pirate ship and scenic cruise ship.

So maybe 20-25 boats in all. They have power for the boats on the inside of the fuel dock, and they are long-cabling power from a power unit half way down the dock to three or four other boats but that is about it.

We had a slip one in from the fuel dock. Initially it was supposed to be with no power. But I noticed that the nearest boat to me on the fuel dock was just using the 30amp. So I asked if I could use their 50amp. I was able to piggy back a 50 foot and 25 foot cord and get power to my boat.

The mooring field is pretty much all available. While checking in I looked at the map of the fields and there are a few, but very few, X on moorings, and most are available. The dinghy dock, as you can imagine, was solid tenders!

Also saw this prime example of our national bird and animal on the way back today on the ICW. Marker 41 just north of the route 202 Turner Butler bridge.

Attachments

• BaldEagle.jpg
    BaldEagle.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom