View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #56
Fletcher500
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Model: Helmsman 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdoc1 View Post
I saw these guys on Youtube. They had bladders everywhere. When they were leaving port she was riding so low that it looked like they would take on water in 2-3' chop. It was hilarious! I guess it didn't compromise the Dirona's stability but it looked kind of scary to me. I especially liked the storm plates that they covered the windows with. It was some sort of thick Plexiglas that he screwed on. Not that I will ever need such mods with a semi displacement hull. Coastal cruising is what I bought this boat for.

In the NP45 the water tanks are right next to the fuel tanks. One on each side of the boat. Converting would give her another 375 gal of fuel for a total of 775 gal. I very roughly figure an easy 1000 miles at 8 kts. I won't gain anything by doing that unless I plan on running 24 hours a day.

I need to live with it for a while before making any serious mods.
I bought an ATL fuel bladder awhile back, but never used it. Still sitting in my garage. The tie down kids can make them fairly secure, but I would think you could just put them in your aft cockpit and they would stay put.

The MV Dirona couple that were previously referenced are really going after it . I was reading his blog last night, and the ocean crossings he has taken on. Impressive couple.
Fletcher500 is offline   Reply With Quote