North of capricorn - Dampier Archipelago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogranjac1

Welcome aboard my little boat 'Nimiane' as I cruise the outer islands of the Dampier Archipelago in the northwest of Western Australia.

For those interested, William Dampier landed here (Jan 1688) and explored in his "accidental" 12 year circumnavigation of the globe - some 80 years before the more celebrated James Cook.

https://youtu.be/T1cwHi6Muwc

Nice part of the world.
So this is obviously not you parked in front of us this morning.

I see yours is double ended vs this with a squared off transom.

Attachments

• IMG_5866~01~01.jpg
    IMG_5866~01~01.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 117
That boat moves through the water very efficiently. Enjoy the ride.

Nice part of the world.
So this is obviously not you parked in front of us this morning.

I see yours is double ended vs this with a squared off transom.

Hi Simi,
That is the 7 mtr version, it has no forward cabin unlike mine and the squared off back prevents him having a very useful spare anchor and chain locker / etc. aft.
I did meet a fellow out in Cobar N.S.W. when I was trailering her back to W.A. who had one like that with the optional mast also. Useful he said as a steadying sail but could not point beyond square to the wind.
Nimiane now has rolling chocks and the improvement is beyond expectation, I would say conservatively at 50%. She goes like it's on rails and still as agile.

Thanks, more pics please.

Nimiane now has rolling chocks and the improvement is beyond expectation, I would say conservatively at 50%. She goes like it's on rails and still as agile.

Brett - I'm glad that the rolling chocks have worked out well for you. A rolling ride gets old fairly quickly.

Have you taken up full time residence up there in the NW?

Hi Simi,
That is the 7 mtr version, it has no forward cabin unlike mine and the squared off back prevents him having a very useful spare anchor and chain locker / etc. aft.
I did meet a fellow out in Cobar N.S.W. when I was trailering her back to W.A. who had one like that with the optional mast also. Useful he said as a steadying sail but could not point beyond square to the wind.
Rolling Chocks -:confused: can you do a Pauline Hanson on those please?

Brett - I'm glad that the rolling chocks have worked out well for you. A rolling ride gets old fairly quickly.

Have you taken up full time residence up there in the NW?

Hey Steve,
How's that beautiful boat of yours doing.....getting lots of 'cuddles' :thumb:.
Not taken up residence in the N.W., back here in Perth for a spell.
Got the NBN. forced on me - or the phone was gunna get cut off, so now got the scintillating speed of 11.5gbs. :eek:LOL:eek:
Anyhow makes posting a video on T.F. not a lifetime event anymore.

I think I will post the making and installing of my 'el cheapo' rolling chocks for Brisyboy and I know you also wanted to see the finished product.

Just watching Paul Kelly concert outside the Opera house in Sydney on telly, damn he is SO HOTT...........:dance::dance::dance:

You won’t need your tooling chicks on water this calm.

I looked at the first video on this thread again. It appears that your dinghy throws a bigger wake than your slippery mothership.

You won’t need your tooling chicks on water this calm.

I looked at the first video on this thread again. It appears that your dinghy throws a bigger wake than your slippery mothership.

Ha ha Spellcheck. Rolling chocks not tooling chicks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom