Yachtworld Popups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Comodave

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Black Dog
Vessel Make
Formula 41PC
Is it just me or are other people having problems using Yachtworld? I do a search for boats and start viewing a boat and I get a popup that I have won a Google prise. You try to close the popup and it redirects you to another web site and you can't get back to where you were. So I open another Yachtworld page and the same thing happens again. At this rate Yachtworld is completely unusable to me. Is this juat a problem when using an ipad?

It is happening to me as well. I'm using an iPad. Don't know if it is happening on a computer. It is most annoying and makes the yachtworld site impossible to use.

I've not had that happen to me on my computer, I don't use a smart phone, so it must be a phone thing

Yep, same issue on my new I-Phone.

I sent Yachtworld a message through their customer contact. Have not heard anything back, but maybe if more people complain they will address the problem.

I too am having this problem on both I-phone 8, and also on a new I-pad.

Same here with an I pad. Been happening for months. Very frustrating.

Yachtworld is not there for your pleasure.
It’s there to make money.
If you want something free go elsewhere.

Last edited:
No problem with popups on my computers but I am having trouble with slow loading of photos. I have a fast internet connection so I'm not thinking that is the issue.

.... Huh?

Anyway, I've all but given up on looking at boats on there for that same reason. It would be different if you could exit the ad or hit back, but I can't. I have to close it out and re-search, frustrating!

While I do get pleasure looking at boats on Yachtworld, I have actually bought several boats from listings I found on Yachtworld. The whole purpose of Yachtworld is to allow buyers to find a boat listed by a seller. If Yachtworld is unusable due to the ads popping up, then it hurts the seller who paid to list the boat since I can't see their listing. To tell us to go somewhere else for pleasure does not compute... I wonder if the sellers that are paying for buyers to see their listings know that the buyers are unable to view the listing?

I am using a windows based computer, fairly quick computer, but not so fast internet here. After looking at ten or so photos it freezes pretty much everything on my computer. I'm having the same problem with other sites too, Boats.com..

I am trying to by a boat. And I continually tell my / the broker they should find another place to advertise. There is opportunity for a good alternative site. As broker trying to sell boats I wouldn’t utilize YW if I didn’t have to.

I am trying to by a boat. And I continually tell my / the broker they should find another place to advertise. There is opportunity for a good alternative site. As broker trying to sell boats I wouldn’t utilize YW if I didn’t have to.

But you do have to. As to all these issues being reported, I don't know. The pop up is not a Yachtworld problem as many of us don't have it. It appears confined to Apple products and browsers.

Most brokers also have their own sites but YW is the closest thing boat brokers have to MLS for Realtors.

Not quite correct. Dealers pay a lot of money each month to place boats on YW for easy access to the public.

Well then,
The dealers would need to pay more if the ads were not there.
Same as the ads on TV. I never complain about them. Except if they are so stupid they are insulting.

Some of you do not understand what is happening on YW. It's not a pop up ad as you perceive them and I'm sure it is frustrating the owners of the YW website as well.

To clarify, you are viewing boats on YW when suddenly a pop up appears that covers the entire screen. There is no way to get out of it, everything is frozen. You can't go back, you can't exit the screen. You need to close your browser to exit. There is no way YW would allow this to happen. They've been hacked.

Some of you do not understand what is happening on YW. It's not a pop up ad as you perceive them and I'm sure it is frustrating the owners of the YW website as well.

To clarify, you are viewing boats on YW when suddenly a pop up appears that covers the entire screen. There is no way to get out of it, everything is frozen. You can't go back, you can't exit the screen. You need to close your browser to exit. There is no way YW would allow this to happen. They've been hacked.

Is anyone experiencing it on any browser or system other than iOS and Safari?

You can probably get rid of the pop up by going through an exchange server but that leaves you open to other issues.

Last edited:
It's even more frustrating having your boat listed on the site .:banghead:

Same as the ads on TV. I never complain about them. Except if they are so stupid they are insulting.

Wait, there are commercials which AREN'T stupid and insulting? Who knew?

To clarify further, is this a web browser or a YW app? If browser, specify which one when posting.

As for YW being hacked, I doubt that. My first guess (and I've never seen the symptom, so it's a wild guess) would be a problem with a 3rd-party ad service. There are ways to diagnose that, including trying the same thing with an ad blocker enabled. I just looked at the YW home page with Ghostery enabled:
4339-albums438-picture4039.jpg

It actually looks pretty clean, only 3 advertising services. There may be more when you get into the search pages.

Capt Tom wrote;
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Same as the ads on TV. I never complain about them. Except if they are so stupid they are insulting."

"Wait, there are commercials which AREN'T stupid and insulting? Who knew?"

Of course Tom. Many are better than the programs and cost much more money to produce.

Would Adblock help?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom