A very sharp iPad flush mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the idea, but have found Bluetooth extremely unreliable, amd wifi sometimes unreliable. Having had to reset devices and routers etc. having gps, depth or radar transmitted this way would be worrisome for me without a hardwired backup/display.

I use an ipad, but only as a backup to my Furuno system, and the wife likes Garmin BlueChart better when she is on watch.

All,
I have a number of flush mount iPads in my home (full smart home) and the buttons are not needed, you can turn on an accessibility option that has a little moveable white dot which you can virtually access all buttons. One word of caution, after about 18 months they stopped charging and need to be unplugged and replugged in after a while, some sort of a bug or issue after being under charge for a long time.

For those wondering a wireless only iPad running navionics takes all the required gps info from the main Simrad system provided it’s hooked up to the GoFree WiFi Network. IMG_2303.jpg

With my phone in airplane mode, I’ve launched navionics and tracked my progress across the country at 33k feet high and 490mph.

Fyi you can use a a non cellar iPad if use use a external gps like elfe gps or what I use is Dual Electronics iPad/Android GPS with Bluetooth - Dual XGPS150A

I'm not sure I would 'flush mount' an ipad. It seems like a lot of intrusive work to your helm that you might want to change out or upgrade in a short amount of time (less than 5 years). I'd be more inclined to mount an ipad on a Ram mount that I could change out easily. https://www.rammount.com/brand/apple/ipad-mounts

fit

No holes to cut, portable. Disclosure: I manufacture these, poortals.com . -Dwight

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom