Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a ripping looking trawler and love the rolling chocks too

LV262 - $180,000

6LX Gardner, 14kva genset, nw 1800k freezer -18D, circulating tank will carry 1300k live crays, option to pumpup to deck level and carry 1800k, Maxsea 3D computer, full electronics, 12hp aux, 3hp Yamaha with dinghy, recently sandblasted & painted, full Survey

Ripp’in on the eyes mate.
Commercial boat complete w a bent tinny, a very non-yachtie galley, a work’in Gardner and did I mention brightsides?

I like her shape. A bit too bright for me. It looks like a good start to a world tripper.

That Delvin site has some cool boats for sure. I like this one:

View attachment 69284

This is the boat I Dream about. Honestly. I priced it out. Over $1M to build. :nonono: Not really surprising I guess.

The philosophy behind this one is superb. Twin (small) engines, no gen. Simple, mile eating, boat. To me, it's just awesome. I could tweak the sail plan maybe, but certainly a home-run as is. :socool:

Please build it! Then maybe I can afford it when you are done cruising. [emoji1]

Did you spec it out in aluminum ?

Edit: Sorry. Not enough coffee. Devlin is the plywood guy I remember now. Was thinking about Kasten Marine. They also design some fine looking motorsailors.

This is one of my favorites. Aluminum hull, freestanding Junk rig, 175HP Deere engine with CP prop, bilge keels so it can be grounded and remain upright.
http://www.kastenmarine.com/swallowtail_60.htm

Last edited:
Before I bought our N62, I was in serious discussions with both Michael Kasten and Sam Devlin, to design my 'perfect boat'. I was so ready to go down the rabbit hole with one of these guys, and have 'er built. But the financials ultimately got in the way. I was looking at least $2M. We were not sure how invested we would be into the cruising lifestyle, so we ended up buying our compromise, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, for so many reasons.

I still have an itch to build a boat however, and I will do it one day, in retirement I guess. Excuse the Heresy though, but it will be a sailboat, and I have full plans from Sam Devlin and from Dudley Dix. Right now, Dix is winning out, but I change my mind about 19 times a day over these things, so one never knows, including me! :eek: :banghead: :)

I understand the obsession with building a boat. It sounds so interesting, romantic and challenging, but I know ultimately I can’t do it financially or probably temperamentally either. But it’s fun to dream!

As for your N62, I agree you made a great choice. Maybe you could add a sail rig to it like I did to mine? That may satisfy the need to build, but not break the bank. I think your boat would look awesome with a sail. Wonder if it would be feasible to do?

Now you have given me another designer to investigate— Dudley Dix. Thanks!

I like this one.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999/Hout-Bay-Yachts-Dudley-Dix-44-2975157/Grenada#.WhWOpmJMGEc

Last edited:
Andy,
Perhaps you’re just itch’in for a change.

I took my fwd mast off my N46. Too many bridges to clear in FL and the nearest cut was a permanent bridge too low for my mast to clear at high tide.
Worked well until the boat yard decided they could take a jack out before putting in a new jack resulting in the boat tipping off all the jacks on the port side, driving the port active stabilizer into the owner's stateroom. Constructive loss.

Yikes! Was your N46 the one that was repaired and sold a couple of years ago or am I hallucinating again?

And yes, masts and FL bridges really suck!

Yikes! Was your N46 the one that was repaired and sold a couple of years ago or am I hallucinating again?

My boat Dreamweaver fell off the jacks about 5 or 6 years ago.
I understand it was repaired. Didn't know it was sold.
I wish the new owner many happy cruises.

Hey... now... wait a minute here! I resemble that! :thumb:

Many mid sized boats with fly bridge only have air draft of 11 to 13 feet total. Our Tolly is 12'6". :popcorn: :D

Steadfast masts are a completely different height proposition. :facepalm: :popcorn: :nonono:

Andy,
Perhaps you’re just itch’in for a change.

Hi Eric,

No Sir, not a change. I'm boat obsessed, and I want to experience them all,,, Of course, that's not gonna happen. I'm thinking my mortality awareness kicked in a few days ago. :eek:
So many boats, such little time. :lol:

Hey... now... wait a minute here! I resemble that! :thumb:

Many mid sized boats with fly bridge only have air draft of 11 to 13 feet total. Our Tolly is 12'6". :popcorn: :D

Steadfast masts are a completely different height proposition. :facepalm: :popcorn: :nonono:

Art - You're getting paranoid about your your flybridge. :D The talk was about FLorida bridges.

Air draft isn't a concern for me. There aren't many bridges to worry about on the ocean. Thats where boats are supposed to be. ;)

Art - You're getting paranoid about your your flybridge. :D The talk was about FLorida bridges.

Air draft isn't a concern for me. There aren't many bridges to worry about on the ocean. Thats where boats are supposed to be. ;)

Well... by golly... a quick read followed by snap funny retort usually leaves egg on face!! :dance:

Hi,

He noticed an interesting "Trawler" tug vessel, this is for sale. You can also drive it on ice, so the question is really where you want to go.

Now the modifications are done

And astra go sea

And befor

NBs

Last edited:
I don’t want to sound mean, but this is not the most aesthetically pleasing boat I’ve ever seen. Seems like a few more windows are in order.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000/Bruce-Roberts-52-Pilothouse-2995745/Sequim/WA/United-States IMG_1878.jpg

Come on now you sound mean :)
I agree looking at it make me feel like “something is missing”. However I kinda like hull shape and the interior, especially the glass ceiling in the saloon.

L

Yes, it’s actually a cool boat.

Don't think I would be too comfortable with that big window down by the water line.

Kintore 37 or 38 ft. :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_3562.jpg
    IMG_3562.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3553.jpg
    IMG_3553.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 116
Cardude01,
Must be a liveaboard but you’re not mean here. Even the owner knows sh’s not too pretty. But she’s prolly got a good mission. She’s got good paint and that says something.

Marty jere's one very similar.
Been on TF several times.
Pic was taken by me in Ketchikan AK about 10 years ago.
Mark likes this boat.

Attachments

• STH71060 copy.jpg
    STH71060 copy.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 111
I think it is a Trawler?

I saw this last week in Fort Lauderdale and I think it is a Trawler?

Attachments

• 2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3681.jpg
    2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3681.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3691_edited-1.jpg
    2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3691_edited-1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 176
Marty jere's one very similar.
Been on TF several times.
Pic was taken by me in Ketchikan AK about 10 years ago.
Mark likes this boat.
Nice one Eric . Love the Portuguese bridge.

I saw this last week in Fort Lauderdale and I think it is a Trawler?

GEEEEZZZZ - I don't care what any naval architect may say - The Baby is tooooo top heavy for big sea problems - IHMO!!!

Night view

Night view
From the water taxi.

Attachments

• 2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3745.jpg
    2017 12 04_FtLauderdale_3745.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom