View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
Haylands

City: Yorkshire
Vessel Name: Barefoot Lady
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
I don't know what price range you're looking in but most of the nicer boats are going to be listed with brokers. You can't look from long distance. You need to find a good South Florida broker and have them use your requirements to identify boats to show you when you're here.

Are you truly looking for a salvage boat? I guess we need to know more about what you're looking for.
We have a modest $100,000 budget for the boat then a further amount for necessary repairs/upgrades/aggressive servicing. I have tried two brokers and they both just send me listings on yachtworld.com and ask me if it's OK... I can do that myself, they didn't seem to bring anything to the party...!!! Maybe my budget isn't enough to get them to do something

We want a full or semi displacement single or twin small naturally aspirated diesels with manual pumps, full walk around decks, galley up, 2 to 3 staterooms and preferably stairs instead of ladders... Something seaworthy, old and with character, and can be fixed without the use of a laptop...!!!

I am looking at salvage as I don't mind some work and there are some lightly damaged ones around.... If the boat we buy is fully sorted, I'll get bored...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltrider1 View Post
Yep, they are both on the list. TF was acting strange when I was reading the post. Don’t think I got the whole post first time.
That does happen, thanks for posting anyway....