Sydney Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
If anyone is interested over here we are currently paying about $1.48 per litre and based on Marin's price in the post above you are paying $1.15 per litre.

*In US gallons*we pay*about $5.61 per gallon, or slighty less depending on exchange rates.All fuel prices here must include all taxes etc.

G'day Andy,

How do you feel about the strength of the Aussie Dollar lately? It is looking more attractive for interest rate returns, so I wonder if the locals are nervous at all?

This might be one factor the price of fuel is somewhat more expensive for you down under?

Our fuel prices has always been more expensive pro rata than the US.

Regarding the strength of the Aussie dollar, it's the same old, same old, bad for exporters good for importers and those going OS on holiday.As of today we are back to not much above parity with the US $.Our interest rates are high compared to most of the rest of the world, we are floating on a mineral resources boom which feeds the Asian economies, especially China.

We have a bit of a two speed economy at the moment, mining and minerals are doing very well, the rest of the economy is holding its own at best. We seem to have pretty much given up on expanding our manufactoring base, which could be a worry in the future.I am no economist, however IMHO I think a country needs to make things, not just dig things up or serve coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom