Boat insurance increase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
We just got our boat insurance renewal from BoatUS/Geico and it went up $150.00. Seems like a big bite to me, since we have never made a claim.:eek:

We just got our boat insurance renewal from BoatUS/Geico and it went up $150.00. Seems like a big bite to me, since we have never made a claim.:eek:

Bummer. We're with Geico and ours went down $125 when we renewed on October 2. Who can figure and Hobo's in Florida?

The best part, even with the decrease was our deductible changed (excluding damage from named storms which is 5%).

Geico Marine has added a "Disappearing Deductible" benefit to their yacht policies. For those people with good loss experience, the hull deductible was reduced to $0.

Last edited:
I'm curious what others are paying for insurance. I just insured my boat here in Turkey for sailing in the Med and Black Sea and I paid around $580 on a valuation of $110k. The insurance is with a Turkish branch of a major international provider.

I am paying $900 per year on a replacement value of $45,000.

Mine sounds more than reasonable then but the 3rd party liability limits in the US are probably much higher than ours - mine is €4m = $4.75

Sadly it's been cimfirmed my trawler is a CTL (constructive total loss) from hurricane Irma in the Caribbean. I have another trawler in mind and talking to the broker (LLoyds) yesterday he's expecting a increase of 30-40% over the next few months . He's forecasting a calming of rates early next year when the providers can truely assess there loss's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom