Old 11-02-2017, 06:23 AM   #10
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
On my last boat, a trawler named "Boomarang" I converted from 2-station Morse twin controls to Kobelt 2091/2093 single lever controls. They consist of a 'master' control lever that should connect right to your existing 3300 or 4300 series engine/transmission control cables, and a 'slave' control lever connected to the 'master' by special low-friction cables that synchronize the levers with chains and sprockets. I believe only Felsted makes these cables and they are available from Kobelt dealers in whatever length you require.

Note: Only the 'master' control is capable of disengaging the shifter from the throttle for revving the engine in neutral. These controls are smooth and reliable.

I have these on my boat. Between the pilothouse and the stern docking station the cable length must be over 40' with a number of sweeping bends. Part of what makes this system so nice is that it's a pull/ pull. Whichever way you are moving the lever, you are pulling a cable instead of pushing which takes more effort.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote