Overnight in Cambridge, MD.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAlyssa

Vessel Name
Heather Alyssa
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
Hello trawler friends. I’m doing an quick overnight trip with the family in Cambridge this Saturday night. I should arrive at approximately noon and leaving at about 9:00 the next morning. I’m wondering if anybody might have any recommendations as to where to dock for the night and what to do. I see they have a municipal yachting Center, and a free dock along a concrete wall. I’m sure there are many other options such as the hotel marina etc.…. I’m looking for something central to downtown where I don’t have to walk too far with the family. I‘d prefer to dock somewhere with a nice view and is close to everything. I own a 40 foot Mainship. Looking for any advice. I appreciate it in advance.

Thank you,
Alex Cádiz
Mainship 350/390
Heather Alyssa
Solomons MD

The inner harbor with its free dock wall or room for 3-4 boats to anchor can't be beat. You are in the heart of the town and the price is right.

David

The free dock is close to the downtown area, if there's room for you. It's really concrete, so fender up. Can't remember if there's power or water available.

The municipal marina isn't all that far of a walk, if there's no room closer in.

There are some slips even further inside Cambridge Creek, inside the drawbridge, but I don't know how many, how big, or who controls those.

Mid-Shore Electronics has their own dock inside the drawbridge, and they sometimes have some empty space. You'd want to call ahead to see about that.

Decent restaurants that come to mind: Snappers (right next to the free wall), Portside (almost next door to Mid-Shore), Jimmy & Sook's, and there's an Irish pub somewhere downtown too, can't remember the name.

The Hyatt River Marsh marina can be a good experience, but $$$ are involved and it's of course not downtown at all.

-Chris

We've used the municipal dock (shared with their Yacht Club). Reasonable walk through a lovely residential historic district to the commercial center. The inner harbor area is pretty enough but surrounded by structures. The concrete seawall fronting the inner harbor was fully occupied by skipjacks when we were there - lovely! Snappers was OK. Pic is the seawall, skipjacks, from the dock at Snappers.

Bear in mind that you're only about a couple miles up the Choptank River from LaTrappe Creek with a delightful little anchorage just to port as you enter the Creek.

Attachments

• 2016-09-26 Cambridge MD Skipjacks 004.jpg
    2016-09-26 Cambridge MD Skipjacks 004.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Next to the city marina is Cambridge Yacht club that offer transient slips to the public. The city marina has plenty of slips from which to chose. We have always found the dock master Scott to be accommodating. The free town dock does not have water or electric available. Enjoy.

We've stayed at the Cambridge Municipal marina. They have power, showers, etc. The marina is near the lighthouse as you approach. The municipal marina has lots of slips and is only a couple of blocks from town.

Wow. Awesome information. All great info. I knew I came to the right place.

We stayed at the Municipal marina for a few days last month. Dinner at Jimmy & Sooks two evenings. Nice marina. Great food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom