Repair on Navico Powerpilot 8000 info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nwheeler

Vessel Name
Nautical Wheeler
Vessel Make
MS 34 Mark III
Just thought I would share some information on my auto pilot that just saved me from buying a new system! The problem that I had first was that the entire systems electrical went out. I looked for easy fixes and eventually found that the main fuse for the entire unit is located inside the pump. You have to take off the cover and turn over the electrical board and the fuse is inside. The second problem I had was that my controlling unit went dead. Then, the second one a few months later, also died. I searched and found that used ones can be had for $300 and up. After opening the control unit up, I found that the components inside are all generic and very easy to re-solder. I did that on both… And now the entire system is back up and working! It's still old, and will probably die again, But at least this time the fix cost me a grand total of $10.

Just thought I would share some information on my auto pilot that just saved me from buying a new system! The problem that I had first was that the entire systems electrical went out. I looked for easy fixes and eventually found that the main fuse for the entire unit is located inside the pump. You have to take off the cover and turn over the electrical board and the fuse is inside. The second problem I had was that my controlling unit went dead. Then, the second one a few months later, also died. I searched and found that used ones can be had for $300 and up. After opening the control unit up, I found that the components inside are all generic and very easy to re-solder. I did that on both… And now the entire system is back up and working! It's still old, and will probably die again, But at least this time the fix cost me a grand total of $10.

Don’t ya love it when fix something on your own :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom