View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
We like occasionally being on the boat naked and most of the time being very close to naked. However, the totally naked is something we do away from others as much as possible. You see more in the Eastern Caribbean where there are more nude beaches too. Miami only has one but topless is well accepted in Miami Beach as European and South American visitors led us to it.

From the legal side, laws on toplessness are generally confused and confusing and technically it's legal most everywhere but still people get arrested for it. Bottomless is far more an issue and not legal in public anywhere that I'm aware of in the US. Offshore you need to research where you are. For instance, the french side of the island, St. Martin, very free and open. Some areas would surprise you though. Fine if you're anchored off an unoccupied island in the Bahamas, but on land or close to land, they're very against it.

Huge difference in bikinis. Thongs normal in South Florida and, therefore, for boaters here. Not so accepted in other places even though legal anywhere I'm aware of. Doesn't stop someone from protesting or even arresting.

Someone mentioned sagging love of their life. We saw one of the most beautiful things one day on Hollywood beach. A Canadian couple in at least their 70's and maybe even 80's were swimming and enjoying the beach. She was wearing a bikini. he wearing a normal bathing suit but stomach hanging over. She was as wrinkled as possible. However, we observed them together, saw them hand in hand, saw them kiss while out in the surf. You could see that in each others eyes they saw the same as 50 years ago and the love had grown if anything. I applaud that they had the courage to dress as they chose and enjoy. We talked to them as they later walked back to the beach. I'm sure they expected negative, but we just told them how beautiful they looked.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote