Digital tachs for Lehmans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Does anyone know of a source for digital tachs for the Lehman 120. I'm sick of these garbage tachs. Every time I get underway I have to go to the holy place with my inferred tach and confirm, argh!!

You can buy an Isspro tach that will run off a sensor that you can epoxy to the alternator. Truck guys use these and say they work very well.

Yes on an ultralight., It worked on ignition points.

I would purchase a Digital and figure a way to send pulses to it.

If the engine HAS a tach drive $80 will get a sender that fits.

If it does not a small micro switch that goes to a crank pulley is far more accurate than an alt setup.

You might contemplate a Flow Scan and get the tach for "free".

My fellow Predicted Log racers with Lehman engines use digital tachs ffom Aetna Engineering.

Hey there, I'm in need of a new tach on my FL120. I have a pulse generator on the Stbd side of the engine that leads up to the tach. The PG is working, I checked with a o'scope and so I removed the tach and the bezel and glass and found the needle was stuck to the post. So I freed it up and the tach worked for a while.

I'm looking for a replacement, but there seem to be very few offered that use a pulse generator, at least I can't seem to find one other than the Aetna digital which is very expensive. And I kinda like the look of an analog tach better anyway.

So does anyone know, if I want to still use the PG takeoff rather than a Alternator or flywheel sensor driven signal, what supplier to use and where I could buy one?

Cheers

This is a twin tacho taking signal from the Lehmans carrying magnet sensor in the engine.
It also gives you indication of synchronization
Not precise below 800 rpm

this should be the actual model and webpage
Ensign Digital Tach

Attachments

• DSC01196.jpg
    DSC01196.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 109
I'm starting to lean that way, just want to cover all the bases.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Greetings,
Mr. D. Try Lauderdale Speedometer. Lauderdale Speedometer and Compass One of the hour meters on my tachs is dead (Motorola I think). They had a very nice replacement (analogue) with a digital hour meter they could set to existing hours in the old tachs for quite a decent price. From what I recall, they had a LOT of tach options both analogue AND digital and very friendly staff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom