Engine Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About 200-250 in 5 months. This winter will be a little lighter.

1100 in the last four summers, 450 of them this year.

Usual year about 450. 474 so far this year. Still about 150-200 hours to go before we stop for the holidays in FL.

We have been averaging 180-190.

About 600, this year it was 650 in four months of operation. I am retired and spend pretty much most of the summer on board from the end May to the end of September. 3000 hours in the 5 years I have owned this boat. Lots of hours are trolling for salmon at low speed.

We’re not retired...yet.

We put around 200 hours on the engines this season, and will have spent 57 nights on the boat when I get done putting her up for the winter this week.

Like Giggitoni - still full time running my company and trying to be there for out of town grandchildren - maybe 75 without looking. Still very much worth the overhead.

10 years, just turned 2400hrs. Makes the math pretty easy. Engine had 1200 when I installed it. So about 3600hrs on the motor now.

200 last year, but only about 50 this year due to various reasons beyond boating.

Wifey B: :blush::eek: Between 900 and 1000 most years, not counting RIB's. This year is going to be much lower. I'm guessing probably 800 to 900. :)

1,500 hours in the last 18 months. Probably do 1,100 this year because I'm on the Great Loop. Normal year would be 500 to 600 hours. I'm not retired yet so I could add 300 to 500 hours for my charter boat also.

Ted

About 100 per year - though several times that in boat use. Once we retire the engine hours will go up substantially.

Last year almost 200, this year about 90. We are on the boat a lot more than the hours indicate as our club docks are only 1.5 hrs away and then we sit for 3-4 days. Do that a lot over the summer when we are not out on an actual trip.

I spend a lot of time on the boat maintaining it, both at home and away, as it is my hobby.
So engine hours as far as I'm concerned are not the only measure.

About 350 this year, the most of any year so far. What a wonderful summer we had!

About 300 this year. I didn't go anywhere, just local use. Lots of time at anchor.

For us about 250 to 300 per year. The majority is just short local trips on weekends due to work commitments. Hoping to eventually break out and do some longer coastal trips when we can extract ourselves from work for an extended period.

Rhino

Averaged 400-500 on our 26-footer. Two summers on our 37, 800 hours each.

About 500-600 hrs /yr. depending.

64 nights, 275 engine hours, and we're not finished yet. We have a Thanksgiving trip to Seattle in the works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom