Redecorating and carpeting the engine room.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil Fill

Guru
Vessel Name
Eagle
Vessel Make
Roughwater 58 pilot house
Winter is here and I been thinking of redecorating and carpeting the engine room.* Presently its basic off white,*with green carpeting that matches DD671 ugly light green.* I wish those big heavy metal things could be moved and re arranged.* )-;* The lighting is plain ordinary florescent.* I was think of maybe some mood and/or accent lighting, maybe a few*tank ornate hangings.* (-;**

We have a stand up engine room so I am constantly going in*it for things.*The carpeting keeps my tender paint toes from getting cold and help deaden the noise.*My wife will not enter as its to looks messy and intimidating.* She says. Why would I want to go down there, when I go you.* )-;* So maybe if I remodeled/decorating, I might at least get her*to think about*enter the engine room.* Shoot it scares me to go going down there so I leave the lights on all the time to*keep the sea monsters away.* *(-;*
So what have you done with your engine room to make it more warm, appealing and not so scarey?***
confused.gif

Heck, Phil, if the wife doesn't go down there you oughtta keep it that way and put a card table down thre and let's break out the stogies and beer and let's play some cards!!!!...
smile.gif
~

Phil Fill,

I guess my favorite color to accessorize would be Ford Tractor Red. Of course- the other accents I like to see are the crankshaft pulley's goin' round as the First Mate guides us through the channel and I do a visual
biggrin.gif
. These are the things that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside!!
Steve

I keep my engine room as white as possible. There are advantages: - dim DC lighting keeps everything as visible as possible; the slighest oil/fluid leak shows up quickly; it has been easy to match. My floors have a raised removable teak grating and I have gray felt-like carpet over them. I generally remove all of the carpeting and teak whenever something messy is being done (oil change, any real engine work, etc).

My gal hasn't had a problem coming down and doing her share of work. I think the white really helps.

Attachments

• engine room 1
    31.1 KB · Views: 95
  • engine room 2
    27.1 KB · Views: 45
  • engine room 3
    24.6 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom