Boats afloat show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badger

We are shopping for our first trawler still....the best opportunity we have to get on a lot of different boats is coming up this weekend.

We are a family of four with young boy/girl twins. We "think" we want the following:

Fully walk around with decent bulwarks and railings for keeping the little ones on board and for ease of getting through the locks.

Separate cabin for my wife and I, separate berths for the kids, but not necessarily in a cabin.

Low maintenance exterior, very little wood to none. Prefer no flybridge. Enough space on deck for the four of us to sit out and eat dinner.

NO big projects in the foreseeable future.

I have it in my head that I want a very sturdy, very sea worthy, very safe boat. One that doesn't limit where we want to go or put us I'm fear of weather. I don't plan on any ocean crossings, but if we want to go to the west of Vancouver Island or head to Mexico for a Month, it is easily doable.

Oh and I would like to stay under 42ish feet, preferably under 40.

Some boats on our short list, but don't meet all of the above are
Krogen 39
Grand Banks 36 & 42
Nordic Tug 37

What else should we make sure we check out?

Don't know your price range, but given the boats you've suggested, one option I would look at is the Willard 40. One of the last one's built (2001) is currently for sale on Yachtworld. It has pretty much everything you're looking for, although it does have a flybridge.

The GB's are loaded with exterior wood and not what I would call sea boats. The Krogen can cross oceans. The NT's and the American Tugs might fit the bill for you. I would check out Eagle trawlers as well for less money then the NT or AT.* I'm a broker and trawler owner and would be glad to help in a professional manner if you'd like. Send me a PM if your interested.

You might check out the Bracewell 41, there are two slightly different versions at the show. This is essentially the Camano 41 that has new corporate ownership.

Helmsman Trawlers has several 42' and under trawlers which have REALLY nice interiors. They are in the former Mariner booth on the program I think. Come by and see the 38 Pilothouse with double cabin. www.helmsmantrawlers.com. Ask for David.

dw8928 wrote:
Helmsman Trawlers has several 42' and under trawlers which have REALLY nice interiors. They are in the former Mariner booth on the program I think. Come by and see the 38 Pilothouse with double cabin. www.helmsmantrawlers.com. Ask for David.
*This is not your sales platform sir!!!

He is asking about the boats afloat show.

dw8928 wrote:Come by and see the 38 Pilothouse with double cabin. www.helmsmantrawlers.com. Ask for David.
I agree with Carey ....That is a "sales pitch" if I ever saw one and you insult our intelligence by suggesting otherwise. I, for one, won't be investigating your line of boats.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 10:39:09 AM

SeaHorse II wrote:dw8928 wrote:Come by and see the 38 Pilothouse with double cabin. www.helmsmantrawlers.com. Ask for David.
I agree with Carey ....That is a "sales pitch" if I ever saw one and you insult our intelligence by suggesting otherwise. I, for one, won't be investigating your line of boats.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 10:39:09 AM

*I didn't take it that way at all. Although I'm a bit confused as to what the Boats afloat show actually is, since it has *only been alluded to in this thread, I took David's response to mean that he knew what show Badger was referencing.

The Seattle Boats Afloat Show is this week on Lake Union. An in water boat show.

It was a sales pitch, but I wasn't offended.

Quoting the forum rules: "We don't really have any rules here like some other sites you may have visited. Other than the common sense stuff, you know: profanity, obscene crap, personal attacks, racisim, blah blah blah."

This particular thread was specifically about the Boats Afloat Show (a conspicuously commercial affair). I will dinghy in from my sailboat so wave at me!

Hi David,
Welcome to trawlerforum. We are glad to have you. You are correct that we have few rules here, rather, the board largely polices themselves and intuition and common courtesy dictates what stays or goes. Typically speaking, it is frowned upon on most boating forums to come in as a new member and make posts that could be viewed, whether intended or not, as advertising. Since it appears this thread was specific to a PNW boat show it's slightly unique in that perhaps your post was meant to help guide the original poster but your other posts pretty much all revolve around marketing.

If you are a trawler enthusiast and seek to talk trawlers without soliciting/marketing the membership I am sure everyone would enjoy your company.

Will the moderators please remove David White's post?

Or perhaps just the:

Helmsman Trawlers (by MegaBoat, LLC)

(206) 429-5470

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 08:44:54 AM

Back
Top Bottom