Finally stating solar extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

101TUG

Vessel Name
Soler Fox
Vessel Make
Selene 62
When we bought our trawler I knew what I want to do with solar system onboard.
We living full time onboard and not at dock.
On previous boat we all ready had solar panel.
My plan for Super MAN was 18 panel of 330watt and I bought 2 years ago when we bought the boat, to much job on the stainless steel man not available to make this "T top" to received all panel so I decided to installed on original "T top"
was light T top so we fit (only) 10 panels.
Since 2 years was ok with this installation but one year ago we get 40/45kt of wind and was limit to lose panel.
for the last hurricane (Maria) I was in St Lucia and weather report was incertain so I decided to toke out the 10 panel.
Back to ST Barth (home port) I catch my stainless steel guy to tell him this is time to make this "T top"

I'm super happy after 2 years we start this project.

yesterday we lift the T top to present to take dimension for leg, after we going to bring down to finish all before to install definitively and start to put all panel on it.

Nice Capitainerie authorize us to build under their facility because we low season, thank to them

starting to assembling
150794204755178.jpg

and more pipe
150794208168347.jpg

lifting be hands to prepare to gift by hydraulic
150794211597427.jpg

temporary installation was that

150794395867376.jpg

15079440361068.jpg

Hugues,
Ton navire me fait rêver :)
Comment vont les choses a St Barth?

L

Hugues,
Ton navire me fait rêver :)
Comment vont les choses a St Barth?

L

Lou je vie mon rêve :angel::thumb:

All going in good way in St Barth every body start to rebuilding the island, we all ready have shop open, first hotel going to open in 2 months but other going to open only in one year.

but we strong and nature is all ready green :thumb:

Hopefully the island will recover from this injury and hope the same to St Martin. Just hope that the tourism industry hit will not make too much damages.

Back to the subject, keep posting pics of your solar panels setup it is always interesting.

L

Hey be careful with the varnish on this table :D
How the tubing armature is attached? I see 4 posts is it this?

L

Hopefully the island will recover from this injury and hope the same to St Martin. Just hope that the tourism industry hit will not make too much damages.

Back to the subject, keep posting pics of your solar panels setup it is always interesting.

L

the good point from hurricane Irma no tourist from one year :D

Hey be careful with the varnish on this table :D
How the tubing armature is attached? I see 4 posts is it this?

L

varnish from table are dead and need to be resown :angel:

the 4 posts are the one ton hand the T top the time to make dimensions :thumb:

the good point from hurricane Irma no tourist from one year :D

LOL Indeed this is the good side but at the same time it will be a drop on the island income. Bad side is less tourist there means more elsewhere. I plan to be in Martinique in March and already prices are going up!

L

LOL Indeed this is the good side but at the same time it will be a drop on the island income. Bad side is less tourist there means more elsewhere. I plan to be in Martinique in March and already prices are going up!

L

income depending, of course usually most important coming by tourisme but this year income coming by insurance million € to rebuild hotels villas ....

At the end :angel:

Attachments

• IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 70
Do you plan to build a full roof watertight or just fit the panel? I mean will all the panel be jointed to form a roof?

L

that moving forward :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 51
Are you using anything to seal between panels to reduce/prevent water leakage?
Thanks, Arch

Back
Top Bottom