I think I need a bigger dinghy.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boathealer

Guru
Vessel Name
--
Vessel Make
Between boats
This is the tender to a boat that just came into our marina (note the name on the aft quarter). Two 300HP engines. That's the mother ship out there off the bow.

Sheez!

Attachments

• Photo editing_Cloud20171013.jpg
    Photo editing_Cloud20171013.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 267
I'll bet their legs don't fall asleep after sitting too long in a twisted position against an inflated Zodiac tube.

That's pretty much what I have as a dinghy...(not)

That dingy just might have cost more than my boat.

Yeah, well, but, then there's THIS bad boy, seen near Sitka, AK in summer 2016:

Attachments

• 11 JULY 2016 247.jpg
    11 JULY 2016 247.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 211
See them like that all the time on our Bahamas trips. Jack Nicholas boat has a 32 foot contender as a dinghy, plus three hell's bay skiffs on deck. The hell's bays are about $60,000 each.

See them like that all the time on our Bahamas trips. Jack Nicholas boat has a 32 foot contender as a dinghy, plus three hell's bay skiffs on deck. The hell's bays are about $60,000 each.

Do you mean the golfer Jack Nicklaus?

Lol. Yeah the golfer. Sorry about that.

Santa's first name is jack? I thought it was saint?

See them like that all the time on our Bahamas trips. .

Wifey B: Bahamas and Caribbean and a few in South Florida. If a 160' boat wants to see the Bahamas, it sort of has to have one like that as it can't really get where it needs to and not going to fish off of it. When your draft gets over 8 or 9' you're limited. :eek:

I always thought it was pretty cool that former Florida State all American tight end Nick O'Leary has a grandfather that used to play golf.

That's why I noticed the boat.

Lol. Yeah the golfer. Sorry about that.

Santa's first name is jack? I thought it was saint?

Wifey B: I don't know. Could be Saint Jack Nicolas. :rofl:

Saint is all I can find. I found possible names of his father, but nothing on him other than Saint. :ermm:

It's only money, and there is lots of it out there.

"It's only money, and there is lots of it out there."

Most of the world no longer has or uses money.

Currency , or scrip ," fiat money" is all we get to count or spend.

I worked for billionaire for awhile. He has a 110' sailboat in the Bahamas. He told me once that he was complaining to his daughter about a business trip. "How was your day, dad?" "Ahh...my steak at dinner last night was tough and overcooked, and now there's something wrong with the jet (G450)...it's been a lousy day."

She just said, "First-world problems dad....first world problems."

Yeah, well, but, then there's THIS bad boy, seen near Sitka, AK in summer 2016:

Annastar.jpg

A bit about that badboy, Annastar and tender. Annastar is a 164' Westport delivered in November, 2012, and the Intrepid beside it even had it's color modified by the builder from the standard Intrepid White so it matched the Westport white.

And a little note about the boat. From the date the order was placed until the boat was delivered (on time I might add) 14 months and 7 days. Now that was shortened because WP starts the builds on spec so that there's a consistent flow since they are semi-custom with the hull's being production while aspects of the interior are custom.

The total build time on their boats is 60 weeks on the 112', 125' and 130' and 80 weeks on the 164'. None of this two and three year stuff.

This past spring we we talking to a crew member who was taking care of a similar tender. In the conversation the number of engines came up. He asked if I knew why there we only 4 outboards on the back? Because they couldn’t fit five.:rofl:

Attachments

• CF24F049-74F8-4336-A257-929D39731B52.jpeg
    CF24F049-74F8-4336-A257-929D39731B52.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 115

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom