This was our last weekend for 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
Past weekend was our last aboard for the 2017 season. We have been rewarded by a wonderful sunset Sunday:

IMG_0348.JPG

Last year at the same period we got ice on the bridge when we woke up. This year we were lucky, it has been very windy Sunday morning (41 knots gusts, I was a bit worried by my anchoring skills!), rainy on the way back Monday, but what a lovely Sunday evening we got!

This week my Bleuvet will haul out to be covered for winter. I already have a long list of things to do before next splash among what:

Install new water heater
Install new lower helm engine control
Add 4 golf cart batteries
Replace some raw water hoses
Replumb everything and add filtration
And many more...

L

Same here. I got another couple things checked off the to-do list last weekend, but they pulled the boat today. Won't touch water again until late April 2018. This was an especially sad end-of-season as our dock neighbor passed away last week. He was a great guy, relatively young, cancer. A positive, cheerful guy to the very end. He always said he was far more blessed in life than he ever deserved. Bayliner 3988 but he also slipped a small sailboat in the marina for the weekend races for fun, appropriately named "Rapture." When I went down to the boat on Saturday his slip was already empty, family is selling the boat. We'll sure miss him.

Sorry to hear guys. We are just moving into the absolutely best time to boat in this area. And we have the chance to sleep quietly with the ports open too!

It was 93 for a couple of days last week but thankfully we are now starting to see some fine boating weather at last!

We will be leaving Friday for a few days up at our favorite anchorage on the Fort George River. Air show coming up at the start of November anchored over off NAS Jax, then St Augustine Nights of Lights Nov 17-19th.

This weekend is a trial to see how our aging dog is doing. She is struggling a bit so we want to see if she is still able to handle trips on the boat. If so we are going to try and fit in a trip to Charleston before the end of the year.

Attachments

• OctWeather.jpg
    OctWeather.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 92
Lou Tribal, glad you had nice wx for your end of season Weekend.
Menzie, Night of lights is fun, as you know. If you want to meet in town let me know! we may be able to get Lena and Larry to have a dinner or drinks in SA.

Lou Tribal, glad you had nice wx for your end of season Weekend.
Menzie, Night of lights is fun, as you know. If you want to meet in town let me know! we may be able to get Lena and Larry to have a dinner or drinks in SA.

It is a Queens Harbour Yacht Club trip so we will be with a bunch of people. But, absolutely come on down to the dock and join us for a beverage or two.

Will post details once we have them (they are still fixing docks so we await confirmation).

I'm not ready for Winter, let alone Fall. Getting too cold already, but this week has been unusually warm, over 90d.

I'm not done with summer and haven't sweated enough. I couldn't imagine being somewhere where the temp gets below 70. Will have my jacuzzi on HOT this winter as I fight to stay warm.

It actually go to the mid 60s here in South Texas. Feels good.

Past weekend was our last aboard for the 2017 season. We have been rewarded by a wonderful sunset Sunday:

View attachment 69267

Thanks for the wonderful picture!

the winter starts to arrive and the length of the day shortens quickly. You have a day's length about 40 minutes longer than here. We will go tomorrow for the last 10 days cruice of the season and then the boat will be lifted into the winter storage.

Long wait about 6 months for spring to arrive, sad. On the other hand, short boating can appreciate more than if you could sail through the whole year? Of course, that is one part of boating as you can focus on renovating and improving the boat in winter, my own boat in a warm building so I can always go and do some work even when outdoors -25 ° C.

Lou_tribal - thanks for the wonderful picture.

We are at the end of what turned out to be an end of season tour of the middle Chesapeake Bay - originally planned as a tour of the upper Bay. Due to a bit of weather, we ended up changing plans and our route was not efficient at all and we utilized marina’s more than we also had planned. Our destinations this week have been:

- Annapolis (Chesapeake Harbor Marina is home port) to Fairleigh Creek. Anchored for the night in this beautiful location and got in paddle boarding that evening and the next morning although a bit breezy.

- Fairleigh Creek to Cambridge. Hyatt Resort marina for 2 nights so my wife could enjoy the spa. Nice facilities there and no crowds at all. Jason at the marina was awesome.

- Cambridge to Dunn’s Cove on Tighlman Island. Again a beautiful anchorage and more paddle boarding - just a beautiful day.

IMG_9509.JPG

- Dunn’s Cove to St. Michaels and stayed in the Harbor Inn Marina. We have anchored in St. Michaels before but again opted for a marina due to weather and Spa again for the boss. Harbor Inn was a wonderful surprise. Used their bikes to head to dinner at the Crab Claw and do a grocery / supply run.

- St. Michaels to Baltimore Harbor East marina. My wife has a meeting today at the Marriott so we fit that in our trip. Wind / weather made the bay crossing a bit entertaining.

- And today we will head to Rock Hall for a weekend at Osprey Point marina. This was our originally planned final destination and had already booked the marina because we thought we would be at anchor more the previous days. Plans do change don’t they?

We will save Havre De Grace, Still Pond, Chesapeake City, etc. for another Bay adventure. Always something to look forward to......

IMG_9486.JPG

Back
Top Bottom