remove datamarine depth-add raymarine depth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silentfaith

hiall,,,,,has anyone ever used the transducer from the old round datamarine depth to another older raymarine st40 depth?????? cable ends differ but there might be a way. need help here.

look at the 'ducer itself and get a model number. Or look it up from your original paperwork. you can check 'ducer compatibility. Sometimes new ends can be purchased online and spliced in carefully.

Take a look on the Airmar site. They make most of the transducers out there and usually have good customer support. Here's their cross reference guide.

Airmar

Take a look on the Airmar site. They make most of the transducers out there and usually have good customer support. Here's their cross reference guide.

Airmar

Alas, my AirMar 20-635-01 is not on the list. Guess I will have to call them.

Airmar makes most the transducers. Most the transducers are the same and only the plugs are different between electronic venders. Most transducer cables can be cut and the correct plug can be connected by butt splice or terminal strip. With tridata transducer the dept data is not an issue but speed and temp don’t inter change very well, it’s a case by case basis.

Everyone will tell you you can’t interchange transducers and that you can’t cut the plug yet they will all sell you an airman junction box which is nothing more a water tight terminal strip.

What's wrong with the DM finder? Great units and repairable.

Agreed . Their customer service is great. I trust my DM depth finder as much as my brand new MFD function. It’s the only piece of electronics that I kept on the boat from P.O. late 70’s package.

So, what i'm going to do is leave the dm depth in place and remove the dm speed and take out the spin wheel through hull and put in the st40 depth transducer shorty then i will have two depth readers along with two e80 plotters.

Back
Top Bottom