South Portland Maine to Newington New Hampshire...7 hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
Brought the boat from South Port Marine (summer :thumb:) to Greatbay Marine
(Winter hibernation :flowers:)

Caught the fog after 5 1/2 hours of outstanding weather yesterday. Waited on the Memorial bridge (Piscataqua river) to open for 30 minutes. That river is interesting in the fog ;) Did about 9 knots at 1800 rpm's the whole trip.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Beautiful morning, Great Bay Marine.

IMG_0222.jpg

Saw yours and the other boat coming in yesterday. Was wondering what make it was. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Piscataqua and Great Bay!

Thank you, a very cool place and a great marina

Im leaving Buzzards Bay tmmrow morning and then heading through the Cape Cod Canal and up to Boston.

Gonna be interesting to say the least! Im on a mooring now and thick fog. Tmmrow there is a small craft advisory and rain all day.

Fun times.

All the best to you, fog is real thick here at GB

All the best to you, fog is real thick here at GB

Thanks. The fog is definitely better than last night. But the forecast is still "patchy fog and visibility at 1-3nm".

Hey, I'll take it. Last night we were close to visibility of maybe a few hundred yards. Winds are pretty light now too but they'll be 15-20knots in a few hours... Im leaving at 9am and hope to reach Boston by 3pm. I generally cruise in the 10-12 knot range.

How’d it go?

Good, thanks. I left under dense fog and through the Canal. I couldn't even see the bridges as I was going under them. It then cleared up a bit near Plymouth and visibility was decent the rest of the trip. Seas were calm too.

I reached Boston in 5 hours or so. Later that afternoon the winds were really howling! Glad I left early....

Next weekend looks really nice. I'm not hauling until the first week of November.

Back
Top Bottom